Windows 10: Windows updates keep breaking my pc

Discus and support Windows updates keep breaking my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I started using Windows 10 everything was fine, but this changed when the updates came. This is definitely the WORST experience I've ever had with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Theking3737, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Windows updates keep breaking my pc

When I started using Windows 10 everything was fine, but this changed when the updates came. This is definitely the WORST experience I've ever had with Windows, and I even thought Vista wasn't that bad.

This is the experience I've had since the installation in 2015:

1. The first problem I encountered was my pc freezing randomly, like ALL the time, during games, word, browsing, literally ALL THE TIME.

After almost half a year, I FINALLY got an update that fixed this...

But wait... after a month a got another windows update and the problem was back again :/.

But finally about two weeks later, I got an update that fixed it for good (at least I thought...)

2. The second problem is maybe not fully related to windows, but I still would like to mention it, because windows updates do have an effect. Audio issues...

It started with my audio channels swapping (right would become left and left would become right). Really annoying when this happened in the middle of a game. I contacted the manufacturer of the audio device and they told me that they couldn't reproduce my issue and could thus not help me with it.

However, last week I noticed that It changed after I got a Windows update. Now instead of swapping the channels, my audio would be cut off entirely (randomly again). To fix this I have to disable and re-enable my soundcard through the windows sounds devices menu (this also worked for the audio channels swapping mentioned before).

3. The last windows update did not only break my audio even MORE, it also broke my video. I now literally get graphical ARTIFACTS when my computer is not shut down properly. Talking about this shutting down properly... After the windows update the freezing also got back again and now It happens MORE frequently than ever before, so I mostly can't shut it down properly.

With artifacts I mean these strange blocks that are common with broken GPU's. But in this case I also mean other strange strange shapes, like half of my screen being covered by a ******* BLUE TRIANGLE.

How do I fix this issue? Simple restart? WRONG. If I restart my computer with the reset button on my computer I still get these artifacts. If I cut off all the power to my computer I EVEN still get these artifacts.

To fix this, I have to start up my computer and shut it down properly through windows. YEAH, THROUGH WINDOWS. However, when I have these artifacts my computer also freezes more often, so reaching my desktop usually takes me FIVE tries (usually freezes on login screen).

Having my computer freeze FIVE times in a single day doesn't make for a nice experience, because that would mean that I have to restart my computer maybe (5*5 =) 25 times A DAY to use it. I tried numerous things like: reinstalling drivers, new bios battery, seeking help from the manufacturer of the audio device, etc...

Tomorrow, I'm probably going to reinstall Windows (after I first finish the tedious process of backing up all my stuff) and disable windows updates. If this still doesn't fix it I might even go back to windows 7 for that matter.

I just wanted to share my story, because I think this just isn't acceptable.

:)

Theking3737, Dec 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2018
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Windows updates keep breaking my pc

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates keep breaking my pc

1. Windows updates keep breaking my pc - Similar Threads - updates keep breaking

2. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  3. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  4. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  5. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  6. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows auto update keeps breaking pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows auto update keeps breaking pc: Every time i get a forced automatic update my pc tells me it ran into a problem and needs to restart, than it uninstalls the update after 4 or 5 restarts and it works. Please does anyone have a fix. submitted by /u/Lightwingames [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 keeps breaking my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps breaking my PC: A week ago, my computer stopped booting entirely due to what I assume is a failure to load Windows 10, and automatic repair, attempting to reinstall, and various other solutions never worked. I assumed my main drive was broken, so I reset my computer with the drive removed...
  9. My pc keeps breaking in some way

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc keeps breaking in some way: My pc randomly break's I will explain what I mean by this. by randomly I mean anywhere from me turning it on to 5+ hours later. the main problem is this: For a start the mouse will disappear and all audio will cut out Then ctrl alt delete does not work Windows will...
  10. Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server: I have a media server which runs on Windows 10 Pro. It has a SATA expansion pcie card to allow me to connect more HDDs. Whenever Windows updates it breaks everything. My server stops being able to access the drives connected to this card (or even acknowledge that they exist)....