Windows 10: Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server

Discus and support Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a media server which runs on Windows 10 Pro. It has a SATA expansion pcie card to allow me to connect more HDDs. Whenever Windows updates it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekGalbraith, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server

I have a media server which runs on Windows 10 Pro. It has a SATA expansion pcie card to allow me to connect more HDDs. Whenever Windows updates it breaks everything. My server stops being able to access the drives connected to this card (or even acknowledge that they exist). Previously I have fixed this by using the option within Windows to roll-back to the previous version. As soon as I did this it was working perfectly again. But this time it won't let me because it says that the last update was more than 10 days ago.

It wasn't even 10 days ago! It happened a few hours ago!

It doesn't seem to be due to an outdated driver for the expansion card as I have made sure that I have the latest drivers.

How can I fix this without abandoning Windows altogether?

:)

DerekGalbraith, Sep 28, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 28, 2019
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server

1. Windows Updates Keep Breaking My Server - Similar Threads - Updates Keep Breaking

2. Windows keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps breaking.: Hi. I'm having severe problems with windows 10. It's running dual booted with Linux mint on my Asus tuf gaming laptop. Like a month ago it started giving me trouble. It just refuse to start. I got the loading screen but as soon as I got to the login screen it froze. If I was...
  3. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  4. Windows update keeps breaking my computer

Windows update keeps breaking my computer: Hello, i recently built a new computer, which is good, right? Apparently no, this is the second time something has happened involving windows 11 and its updater. Basically what has happened this time is that i installed KB5029263, KB2267602 1.395.654.0 and the may 24th...
  5. Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature updates keep breaking my Windows 10: Every automatic update since last summer has been causing problems for my pc. The first one that failed was Windows 10, version 2004. Now it seems to be Windows 10, version 20H2. I did this pc build in 2018. Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGK8Mb Mostly it...
  6. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  7. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  8. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My windows 10 keeps breaking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 keeps breaking: Okay so, My windows just broke for the 213th time yes i counted and im not talking about bluescreens it just BROKE I need a fresh installation, over the past 2 years it has become common for me to do a fresh installation, I formatted the hard disk everytime and installed,...
  10. Windows updates keep breaking my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows updates keep breaking my pc: When I started using Windows 10 everything was fine, but this changed when the updates came. This is definitely the WORST experience I've ever had with Windows, and I even thought Vista wasn't that bad. This is the experience I've had since the installation in 2015: 1....