Windows 10: Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop

Discus and support Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is happening to me literally every single time Windows Updates require a restart - whether I choose Update and Shut Down or Update and Restart, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave0711, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Dave0711 Win User

Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop

This is happening to me literally every single time Windows Updates require a restart - whether I choose Update and Shut Down or Update and Restart, my computer shows a black screen and will not come back on. I have to turn the power off repeatedly to get the screen to come back on.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. I do regular virus scans and nothing ever gets picked up. My laptop works fine otherwise. But whenever Windows Updates demand I restart, it all goes to hell.

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Dave0711, Mar 13, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, Mar 13, 2020
  3. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop

BIOS update bricks laptop

Hey everyone,

Last night I wanted to update my bios which lead to the laptop bricking and wouldn't turn off until the battery finally died. I tried plugging it in afterwards but the laptop would neither charge nor turn on. I tried every trick in the book, but the laptop would not charge or turn on. Nothing. I read online that this could be due to a corrupt bios chip. I want to replace it, but considering the laptop won't turn on at all, does this also mean the motherboard is damaged? I read online that the motherboard cannot be ruined from a bad bios update so I'm hoping I just need to replace the bios chip as it is a cheaper solution than replacing the entire board. Can anyone recommend what to do? Any advice would be really really helpful. Thanks.

NoviceGamer, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop

1. Windows Updates keep bricking my laptop - Similar Threads - Updates keep bricking

2. Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?: I have a brand new razor laptop and I’ve had two windows 11 updates brick my PC. I had to uninstall the previous update because it wouldn’t boot properly, after this recent update my Face ID is stuck in a loop of trying to log me in. I do not have an option to bypass the Face...
  3. Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do windows 11 updates keep bricking my laptop?: I have a brand new razor laptop and I’ve had two windows 11 updates brick my PC. I had to uninstall the previous update because it wouldn’t boot properly, after this recent update my Face ID is stuck in a loop of trying to log me in. I do not have an option to bypass the Face...
  4. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  5. Windows update bricked my laptop.

Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  6. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  7. A windows update brick my laptop

A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  8. Windows Updates keep bricking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates keep bricking my computer: This is a problem I've had for a long time now which has gotten steadily worse. Every single time I need to restart or shut down to complete a windows update, my laptop completely breaks. I get a black screen upon startup and nothing beyond that, forcing me to turn it off and...
  9. Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.: So long story short, I was forced into an update by windows on my laptop. Said update now has stuck me in a boot loop where it resets after flashing up on the screen saying "undoing changes made by windows update". The only thing I can acess is the BIOS. Any help would be...
  10. windows 10 update bricked my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update bricked my laptop: so I'm the kinda person who doesn't like that windows 10 is always sneaking around on my metered internet connection downloading updates with my data that costs me money without my consent but today it got worse.. I bought a new dell laptop with high specs, 16 gigs ram 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates keep bricking laptop