Windows 10: Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Discus and support Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxxFolmer, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Dear Microsoft,

I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here.

For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;

Firstly, at some point windows started a mandatory update. Sure, no problem. However, after that, my entire computer crashed and I had to remove windows from my laptop, reinstall it my laptop, delete it again and reinstall it again to be able to access my desktop, personal files etc. I've never had an update cause such a mayor fail in functionality. Most personal files were kept, but I lost a lot of installed programs, which obviously sucks.

Secondly, ever since this &^#%(&! update, windows has been unable to recognize my cd-drive. I have tried every piece of advice on the Microsoft support page. Edited register entries, deleted the driver, tried some stuff in command prompt and still no result. Sometimes after start up my laptop 'forgets' that it cant read the drive anymore and it shows up on mypc, but after about one minute it disappears again. Seriously, wtf. I must've spent over two days trying to fix this.

Now there is another new update and guess what: my charger is connected, but my battery is no longer charging.

I don't mean to offend, but your company is doing a horrible job. Updates are supposed to make things better and so far they've crashed my laptop, deleted the presence of a cd drive from its memory and now my battery can't charge. I've spent hours online trying to fix the mess your program is causing and I'm done.
    To be honest I am very angry and I want a solution for the problems your updates keep giving me. I honestly hate apple products, but windows 10 is seriously making me consider transferring to apple, since I can't trust my 1100 euro laptop to function properly due to rubbish software.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Maxx

:)

MaxxFolmer, Oct 22, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Oct 22, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 22, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

n-ster, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

1. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop - Similar Threads - Updates keep ruining

2. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  3. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  4. Window 11 ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 ruined my laptop: I upgrade my new asus tuf 2021 version from window 10 to 11.every thing was fine untill i update some new updates a week ago.now my laptop dont even let to open start menu search button and no any setting. I can't even uninstall updates by any way ..can't even open settings...
  5. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop: The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus making the system inoperable. Apparently this is a common issue. I have lots of programs that I don't want to reinstall, so I...
  6. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  7. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  8. update 1909 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update 1909 has ruined my laptop: My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but especially all browsers and internet connections. Is there some setting or security feature that came with this update that...
  9. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....