Windows 10: windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

Discus and support windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dbstew10QY, Jan 21, 2021.

1. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I stop it from doing it again.

Also I just found this.... A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. It does not say what driver it is trying to install and I did not find any failed updates when I view the history. It does show a link for optional updates...this is what I see from that link

windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day 75da98de-1a43-4246-beef-ba1b4d3ae362?upload=true.jpg

I honestly don't know which I need and as far as I can tell everything is working ok

Any idea as to what is going on and how can I fix this.

:)

dbstew10QY, Jan 21, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 21, 2021
  4. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

1. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day - Similar Threads - updates keeps installing

2. Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  3. Windows unable to update, every day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows unable to update, every day: Hi all. Having a really frustrating issue where my system (currently on build 19041.450) is trying to update to 19041.685, but for some unknown reason can't do so. It goes through the blue screen update process, then says "unable to update" and rolls it back and restarts....
  4. Windows installing same driver every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installing same driver every day.: Hello. Windows trying to install same display driver every day several times per day. It started to happen about month ago. Any solutions? [ATTACH]...
  5. Event 4625 keeps happening every day at (nearly) the same time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event 4625 keeps happening every day at (nearly) the same time: I was checking Event Viewer to keep track of some stuff and realized I've been having security audit failures every day since August 25th (there are no entries before this date). I remember doing a System Restore on the day before, which might explain why I don't have any...
  6. Windows 10 keeps installing same update (KB2850064) every day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps installing same update (KB2850064) every day: Hi, As per title, Windows keeps "successfully" installing the same Office 2013 update every day. [img] Nowadays I use Office 365 and have no Office 2013 applications installed. Earlier I had university supplied Visio 2013 installed, but I removed it, ran MS office removal...
  7. Keeps downloading the same driver

Keeps downloading the same driver: Every time I check for updates (I've disabled automatic updates in Group Policy) it downloads and installs this driver "Conexant - MEDIA 7/3/2018" which seems to be for the laptop's soundcard. How can I fix this? 119478
  8. Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day

Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day: I'd appreciate some help. Ever since the Big Windows 10 update nearly two weeks ago, the automatic updates history shows that Windows is updating and installing the ALPS pointing device driver once a day, nearly every single day. Obviously this is a bug. I don't get any...
  9. After update, my printer driver disappears every day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update, my printer driver disappears every day: Hi all, I have 2 laptops I use regularly, both with Windows 10. This little one is 32 bit, the other 64. Since the last WIndows update, my HP 4630 Officejet driver won't work. In the control panel printer screen the HP printer displays in gray, and print jobs are ignored....
  10. Windows keeps installing "Windows 10 Update Assistant" every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps installing "Windows 10 Update Assistant" every day: Every time I turn on my computer windows automatically installs "Windows 10 Update Assistant". It places an icon on my desktop. Not only do I not want the update, but there is not enough room on my computer to install it. The update it keeps trying to push is very large, 8...