Windows Updates killed my Audio

Discus and support Windows Updates killed my Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenzter, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Kenzter Win User

I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over two acres away. I have to find new drivers each time. On the realtek manufacturer site the drivers never work. Most of the time I get the best drivers from an HP site. Anybody know any resolution to this or am I getting new speakers? Thank you for your replies.

:)

Kenzter, Jun 14, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Ramesh.Kumar Win User
    Headphone jack kills audio drivers

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

This could be if the drivers get corrupted or not installed properly. This could also be if the audio service is not running.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• If dependency services are not running.
    • Corrupt audio drivers.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let's run Audio Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b) Type troubleshooter in the search box
    and then press enter.

c) Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to check if the audio dependency services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

a. Press Windows Key +R.

b. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.

c. Scroll down through the list and find the following services.

Plug and Play

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

d. Double-click on the services one by one and check if the services are
    started and startup type is automatic.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Billion Debbarma Win User

Windows v10.0.10586 update killed my headphones

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the headphone?

Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates killed my Audio - Similar Threads - Updates killed Audio

1. 1803 update fails again. How do I kill it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 update fails again. How do I kill it?: After six attempts at updating 1709 to 1803, I'm giving up. It always fails to install on the restart, and yes, I've tried every trick to get it to install. Now, how do I get rid of the various files it's downloaded and which now add to the clutter on my HD? It now reminds me...
  2. Win10 update June 2018 killed computer - no WINDOWS folder- WARNING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 update June 2018 killed computer - no WINDOWS folder- WARNING: Computer HP Probook 4535S, hard disk about 6 month old, then Win10 installed from W7. Permitted Win10 update last week, "will take long time" warning read, accepted. Report: HP PB 4535S NoStart 20180607a 2018-06-06 Microsoft made a WIN10 update taking >2 hours. At the end...
  3. Latest update appears to have killed Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Latest update appears to have killed Office 2016: I have Win10 and Office to update automatically. Since the latest, I cannot run Word or Excel. I get an error message saying "Something has gone wrong" and to retry. If that doesn't work to try repairing from Control Panel. Attempting this, gives me another error message,...
  4. Update to Windows 10, Version 1803 kills Lenovo laptop

Update to Windows 10, Version 1803 kills Lenovo laptop: A couple of days ago, update 1803 for Windows 10 Home (64 bit) installed on our desktop with no problems. However, today 1803 tried to install on our Lenovo Z50-70 laptop (also 64 bit Windows 10). We left the house, and when we got back, the laptop screen asked what keyboard...
  5. Win10 decides it is time to update & force reboot kill tasks wo prmpt!

Win10 decides it is time to update & force reboot kill tasks wo prmpt!: Today is the third time.. I don't remember, for sure it is the second! Win10 @ 1709 showed there are updates available, you may press the button to install them or.. , I don't remember, it doesn't matter, you just want there to push OK, which means "I UNDERSTAND, I'M DOING...
  6. MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection: I woke up and turned the computer on and there was no internet connection. Similar second machine not affected (hence, I can post here). Looking through network settings, my normal Ethernet interface seems to have lost it's settings. It is now an unidentified network. I...
  7. Recent windows update kills my named share shortcuts - Help/suggestion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent windows update kills my named share shortcuts - Help/suggestion: My current Windows 10 version (v1709 16299.248) causes all of my shortcuts that have a named share (ie: \\server\sharename) to stop working, period. I can re-do my shares to an ip based address, but there are a LOT of them and I'd like to find out what, in this update caused...