Windows 10: Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

Discus and support Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlCho1, Nov 9, 2020.

1. AlCho1 Win User

Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual computer password doesn't work for either of them. So then I go back and uninstall the latest update or restore my computer to it's previous state. My password work for these functions. Yet, it will only be a few days before the update starts to reinstall and I am locked out of my computer again. Then it's just wash, rinse, and repeat. It's been like this for almost a month now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

AlCho1, Nov 9, 2020

2. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Nov 9, 2020
  4. zentrobi Win User

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for around 10-15sec and then say " incorrect password" and now we are stuck at this not knowing what todo. we've tryed to boot it into safe mode, but that requires a password today, the recovery, go back to previus state, opening cmd, basicly every option requires a login(wich again is not possibel) so anyone who have any suggestions?

zentrobi, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password - Similar Threads - updates lock computer

2. My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.: So I’m having this issue with entering my pin the whole your PIN is not available thing and trying to do any of the troubleshooting actions results in me being asked for my Microsoft password. However, every time i enter my password, I keep getting a password incorrect...
  3. My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.: So I’m having this issue with entering my pin the whole your PIN is not available thing and trying to do any of the troubleshooting actions results in me being asked for my Microsoft password. However, every time i enter my password, I keep getting a password incorrect...
  4. My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer locked me out?

My computer locked me out?: I have not touched my computer at all and my password was working yesterday, but today when I enter my password it locks me out. It says my password is incorrect and I have typed it multiple times, checked the caps lock, and made sure it was correct but it still won’t let me...
  6. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect: So today in the morning i turned on my computer and I tried to get on as regular, but my computer gave me the pleasant message of "The password is incorrect. Try again" and so I did, I tried for 2 hours, did everything I knew I could do. I tried my password several times,...
  7. Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly

Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly: I cannot get into my desktop computer since I typed my password incorrectly too many times. What can I do now to get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-computer-typed-password/fb190f9c-3923-4a5c-8e8a-01551ce51b87
  8. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  9. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...