Windows 10: Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

Discus and support Windows Updates Mess up my Audio in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kenzter, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kenzter Win User

Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over two acres away. I have to find new drivers each time. On the realtek manufacturer site the drivers never work. Most of the time I get the best drivers from an HP site. Anybody know any resolution to this or am I getting new speakers? Thank you for your replies.

:)

Kenzter, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Updates Mess up my Audio :)

Thermopylae_480, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

1. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio - Similar Threads - Updates Mess Audio

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Windows 11 Update messed up my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 Update messed up my audio: I updated my Windows 11 to Version 22H and now my audio is bugged and will go soft then loud constantly. I tried unplugging then replugging in my headphones, tried using earbuds but it's still the same.Everything I have tried doesn't work, tried muting then unmuting but it...
  6. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to that...
  7. Windows messes up my audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows messes up my audio: So I have not found any help to my problem, after countless google and microsoft support searches. the problem: as an example, I like to watch youtube videos while I play a like Cities: Skylines. I have auto play on in Youtube, on Chrome, after the video ends it comes to...
  8. The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.

The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.: I thought it couldn't get worse but here we are. Windows kept asking me to update my os so I did, and my audio got stuttery and choppy so I had to rollback. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/zbikuuu [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows update messed my audio up

Windows update messed my audio up: So last night I did the windows update before getting off. Everything was working completely fine, my microphone, dac amp and headphones. Now my dac amp and microphone do not work anymore. I’m assuming the blame is to be put on the windows update as this has previously...
  10. Windows 10 update messed up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up audio: My computer updated a few days ago and ever since the audio quality has quality has been bad. It lacks bass and sometimes theres too much high end. How can I fix this?...