Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

Discus and support Windows Updates Mess up my Audio in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kenzter, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kenzter Win User

I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over two acres away. I have to find new drivers each time. On the realtek manufacturer site the drivers never work. Most of the time I get the best drivers from an HP site. Anybody know any resolution to this or am I getting new speakers? Thank you for your replies.

:)

Kenzter, Jun 13, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Thermopylae_480 Win User

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile :)

Thermopylae_480, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates Mess up my Audio - Similar Threads - Updates Mess Audio

1. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  2. Bluetooth Audio turns into dysfunctional mess after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio turns into dysfunctional mess after 1803 update: First of all every single time after I wake up my PC it can only connect to voice profile of my Bluetooth headset. The ONLY way to actually fix this is to connect headset to Android phone first and only after that Windows will recognize music profile. That's nuts when you...
  3. how can I get my updates without messing my device manager

how can I get my updates without messing my device manager: Hi all I have been running 1493 with no issues . When Microsoft gets me the last update 16299.125 everything goes well but then I can't get to internet and when I check device manager it's a big mess plenty of yellow triangles and I don't have clue I really don't know how...
  4. Win 10 Update Messed Up My Settings; Tried To Customize, Now - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Update Messed Up My Settings; Tried To Customize, Now - BSOD: Hello Everyone, I have to post this thread from my Win 7 machine because my regular Win 10 machine has the Black Screen Of Death, or at the very least it's unresponsive and I don't know how to proceed. I allowed Microsoft to perform the latest Win 10 Update, which...
  5. Why did my audio drivers messed up after the update

Why did my audio drivers messed up after the update: So i updated my Windows 7 to 10 2 days ago and the sound was too low so i searched up Realtek newest drivers for windows 10 64bit and when i was done installing them my sound was the same nothing changed so then i isntalled DFX audio enhancer and now my sound is louder but...
  6. 1709 Update (Messed Up WAS)

in Windows 10 Support
    1709 Update (Messed Up WAS): Looks like I have 8 errors because WAS will not start. Anybody having issues after update with WAS NOT RUNNING, If so what is the fix... Thanks... [img] [img] [img] 98249
  7. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649