Windows 10: Windows Updates My Display Drivers on its own

Discus and support Windows Updates My Display Drivers on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi microsoft, I am just having this very annoying issue in my display driver and windows. My display graphics driver is dual radeon graphics namely R5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ghersenn, Jun 8, 2019.

1. ghersenn Win User

Windows Updates My Display Drivers on its own

Hi microsoft, I am just having this very annoying issue in my display driver and windows. My display graphics driver is dual radeon graphics namely R5 and R7, however whenever I am connected to an internet connection, windows just updates or downloads a different kind of Radeon display driver which is not compatible to my current one. It downloads a Radeon 535 display driver and has caused me at least one BSoD. I already have the latest display driver that I updated directly from AMD. Please microsoft how can I fix this issue. I already set my connections to metered but it still downloads that driver. My connections are all metered and is now costing me bills. Please help

:)

ghersenn, Jun 8, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Windows Updates My Display Drivers on its own

Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates My Display Drivers on its own

1. Windows Updates My Display Drivers on its own - Similar Threads - Updates Display Drivers

2. Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...: Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not supported. How to stop that. I am fed up with this. When the product is of amd then why microsoft is updating it and replacing with software which is not supported....
  3. Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...: Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not supported. How to stop that. I am fed up with this. When the product is of amd then why microsoft is updating it and replacing with software which is not supported....
  4. Display changed on its own on one of my monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display changed on its own on one of my monitors: I am currently using two Dell Monitors with a laptop, all connected thru a docking station. All was good until today, suddenly one of my monitors has a black bar at the top and bottom, the taskbar is blurred and barely readable, and the option to choose system icons in the...
  5. Display changed on its own on one of my monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display changed on its own on one of my monitors: I am currently using two Dell Monitors with a laptop, all connected thru a docking station. All was good until today, suddenly one of my monitors has a black bar at the top and bottom, the taskbar is blurred and barely readable, and the option to choose system icons in the...
  6. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  7. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  8. my wallpaper changes on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my wallpaper changes on its own: hello I had a laptop that was stolen from me a couple days ago And I really think its someone who lives close to me but I didn't have any proof I tried locating it and everything but I couldn't find it so I just accepted my lose and bought a new laptop for work I...
  9. Window downgraded on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window downgraded on its own: I bought my dell laptop in late 2015. Windows 10 came pre-installed. I have been using it since then. Today, when I switched on my system, it ran into some problem for which system suggested to do run hardware repair. After an hour or so, the process completed and my system...
  10. My windows won't reboot on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows won't reboot on its own: Hie guys, I own an Inspiron 3567 7th gen i5 laptop computer. Lately I've been having trouble with installing my graphics driver as its crashing my PC, per advice from Microsoft I performed a system restore and installed all my drivers barring the video driver from Dell Tech...