Windows 10: Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures?

Discus and support Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Recently I updated my Windows 10 v1909 to v2004 via update assistant because I couldn't wait to try awesome features. So I didn't wait... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BNibir, Jul 7, 2020.

1. BNibir Win User

Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures?

Hi everyone,

Recently I updated my Windows 10 v1909 to v2004 via update assistant because I couldn't wait to try awesome features. So I didn't wait for my windows auto updates and I updated with the update assistant. But guess what I am having serious issues. The features I saw in v2004 I didn't get all of them. It's like updates didn't installed properly.

Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures? 5cd35929-231f-47c4-baca-73ecdee85855?upload=true.png

<PIC 1>

in picture 1 you can see my profile name is not on the top, it is same as before like v1909.

Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures? 7119ff61-dd63-4f9a-b4f9-347d4609abb8?upload=true.png

<PIC 2>

In picture 2 you can see there should be quick search at the bottom right? butno quick search. and my Edge didn't roll out automatically via update so it is saying to update my edge legacy to chromium. My system still running Edge legacy after update.

And even though I installed Edge chromium manually I have to face other problems. My system things there are two edge installed legacy and chromium both

Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures? bfea97b6-5910-414d-83dc-0585671446d7?upload=true.png

<PIC 3>

You can see in default apps there are two edge, I didn't see this before when I installed edge on my previous version of windows which was v1909. Even if I select Legacy version as default but every time I click a link in Mail or anywhere in system it actually opens the new edge. Which means there is no old edge installed in my system but here it is showing like this. And if I select Chrome default and open Edge chromium it asks me to set it as default, if I set old edge as my default browser and open Edge chromium it thinks I set another browser in default and ask me to set it edge chromium default.

<PIC 4>

And in picture 4 I am showing that really version 2004 is installed.

Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures? 278a564c-8fbd-48e7-87d6-d6573eb0da0a?upload=true.jpg

After reading the post I think you have understood what types of problems I am facing after I upgraded my windows. I hope to get a help from the community. Pardon me if I have said anything inappropriate. Stay safe. Thank you.

:)

BNibir, Jul 7, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 7, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows updates not installed properly. Bugs or system failures? - Similar Threads - updates installed properly

2. Windows Update KB5025224 will not install properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5025224 will not install properly: Hey there! So, I seem to be having problems with this particular update, and I've tried every troubleshooting method in the book. I'm scratching my head at this hard, so when all else fails I hit the forums!I can't tell what this issue is, so maybe someone could help me...
  3. system failure after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system failure after windows update: hello, i have a hp laptop. today when i was using my laptop, i check my battery it was 72 % but after some time while working it suddenly goes down to 0% and laptop gets shut down. i put charger to open it. i check hp support assistance it is showing battery in bad condition...
  4. system failure after windows update

system failure after windows update: hello, i have a hp laptop. today when i was using my laptop, i check my battery it was 72 % but after some time while working it suddenly goes down to 0% and laptop gets shut down. i put charger to open it. i check hp support assistance it is showing battery in bad condition...
  5. Windows Update not getting proper installation

Windows Update not getting proper installation: Recently , I had an update of windows 10 21H2 for security patch. So I downloaded the update but it is not installing as it stays at 0% for more than 7-8 hrs. I also tries an alternative solution by doing windows 11 installation. But same issue arises as after downloading it...
  6. Windows Update not getting proper installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update not getting proper installation: Recently , I had an update of windows 10 21H2 for security patch. So I downloaded the update but it is not installing as it stays at 0% for more than 7-8 hrs. I also tries an alternative solution by doing windows 11 installation. But same issue arises as after downloading it...
  7. Installation and update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation and update failure: I download the program and 107Gb of data OK. Then I start the program and it starts the big free update and crashes halfway through on the same place every time. First question - Do I need a good graphics card just to download these things? I hoped to install it all with my...
  8. Windows Update Installation failure

Windows Update Installation failure: Hi, I not know what to do with this error message: 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 -Error 0x8007371b Any advice?...
  9. System update failure

System update failure: Hi everybody, I tried to update my windows 10 Pro to the latest version, but it's been two months now that the update "failed to install update" I cant seems to be able install KB4532693 or 1909 [ATTACH] I tried everthing, install in safe mode, install manually from...
  10. Windows Update installation Failure

Windows Update installation Failure: KB4462926 is failing to update the version of mpio.inf from 6.3.9600.18431 to 6.3.9600.18907 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-installation-failure/0f0f347f-f649-4fc4-b343-78116666fdfc