Windows 10: Windows Updates Not Unistalling

Discus and support Windows Updates Not Unistalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall 2 updates that I was not ready to accept yet. They got by my usual methods of dodging them. I click uninstall on both of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherCorreira, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Windows Updates Not Unistalling

I am trying to uninstall 2 updates that I was not ready to accept yet. They got by my usual methods of dodging them. I click uninstall on both of them, I have the option. It seems to work then after my restart they are there again. How do I get rid of these two updates? Windows Updates Not Unistalling ac32a8dc-9074-4baa-8a1b-136d411eb57b?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChristopherCorreira, Jan 19, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Windows Updates Not Unistalling [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jan 19, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updates Not Unistalling :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 19, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates Not Unistalling

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Updates Not Unistalling

1. Windows Updates Not Unistalling - Similar Threads - Updates Unistalling

2. CAN NOT UNISTALL TODAYS UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN NOT UNISTALL TODAYS UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILION: AFTER TODAYS UPDATE MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING RIGHT ON MY HP PAVILION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-unistall-todays-update-on-my-hp-pavilion/066affa9-1c38-4004-905c-13bea6ccce78
  3. CAN NOT UNISTALL TODAYS UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN NOT UNISTALL TODAYS UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILION: AFTER TODAYS UPDATE MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING RIGHT ON MY HP PAVILION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-unistall-todays-update-on-my-hp-pavilion/066affa9-1c38-4004-905c-13bea6ccce78
  4. CAN NOT UNISTALL TODAYS UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it...: My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it and restart the pc it gets reinstalled and the issue continues....
  6. My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it...: My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it and restart the pc it gets reinstalled and the issue continues....
  7. My system disk is always at 100% usage after KB5028166 update, but whenever i unistall it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Trying to update gpu after unistalling it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to update gpu after unistalling it: so when i try to update the gpu it tells me windows found drivers but encountered an error while attempting to install them pls i really need help this is what i get...
  9. Unistalled Microsoft Office trying to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unistalled Microsoft Office trying to update: I removed Microsoft Office from my computer some time ago and yet I have been receiving a warning on a daily basis stating, "We're sorry, we ran into a problem while updating Office. Please try again after restarting your computer. If you continue to experience problems,...
  10. Could'nt locate KB4023057 to unistall to Install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could'nt locate KB4023057 to unistall to Install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft...: I can't locate KB4023057 and can't install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.335.265.0. I need help. Thank you...