Windows 10: Windows Updates Notification

Discus and support Windows Updates Notification in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone receive notifications like this? This is the first I have seen it, so I am bit surprised. I am not complaining, but I have action center and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TairikuOkami, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Windows Updates Notification

Anyone receive notifications like this? This is the first I have seen it, so I am bit surprised.
    I am not complaining, but I have action center and notifications disabled, so it is strange.
    I have Windows Update set to notifications, so I like this, just wondering, if it is normal?

:)

TairikuOkami, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Time Lady Win User

Reserved Windows 10 early June-still not offered upgrade.

are you waiting for a notification or are you checking Windows update as well, I haven't received any notification but update arrived via Windows update.

Time Lady, Oct 16, 2015
  3. re-notifications

I think maybe the Anniversary update will address this problem, at least indirectly. From

MSDN: What’s new for Toast notifications and Action Center in Windows 10 Anniversary Update
    -

In Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we released a Notification Listener API, which gives apps access to all of the user’s Toast notifications, as well
    as subscribing to changes in the notifications (notifications being added, dismissed, expired, etc). Apps can build companion apps for smart accessories or wearables to display notifications on them, or any other scenario that could benefit from this API set.

The API is at CONTENT MOVED: Notification Listener Documentation – Windows 10

After a superficial review I think one could write a "nag" app with extra notification settings for each app that supplies notifications.

Larry Seltzer, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Windows Updates Notification

1. Windows Updates Notification - Similar Threads - Updates Notification

2. Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?: I have a Intel NUC that a run without a monitor mostly and just remote into locally over the home network whenever I need to control it. Is there anyway to get an alert on my main pc that their is windows updates waiting to install or have the updates happen automatically...
  3. Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates notification on different pc without a monitor possible ?: I have a Intel NUC that a run without a monitor mostly and just remote into locally over the home network whenever I need to control it. Is there anyway to get an alert on my main pc that their is windows updates waiting to install or have the updates happen automatically...
  4. Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...: I didn't update my laptop version from Windows 10 to Windows 11 even after several notifications. Now the power functions are not working. Start button is not been clicked with the cursor. And personalize and display settings are not working. Even the desktop screen which was...
  5. Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...

Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...: I didn't update my laptop version from Windows 10 to Windows 11 even after several notifications. Now the power functions are not working. Start button is not been clicked with the cursor. And personalize and display settings are not working. Even the desktop screen which was...
  6. Didn't update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after many update notifications. Now all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  8. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  9. Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...: Hello everyone!I keep getting notifications to install updates, and it does show me there is an update to be installed, but whenever I click on it, nothing happens. No install wizard appears, no new menu, no restart required - the updates just fail to launch.I am not sure if...
  10. Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates do not install for me, yet I keep getting notifications that they are already...: Hello everyone!I keep getting notifications to install updates, and it does show me there is an update to be installed, but whenever I click on it, nothing happens. No install wizard appears, no new menu, no restart required - the updates just fail to launch.I am not sure if...