Windows 10: Windows updates on non-compatible devices

Discus and support Windows updates on non-compatible devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update caused my laptop to have a total meltdown back in summer and I had to take it in for a factory reset, I spoke to a Windows agent and he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EmmaHammonds, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows updates on non-compatible devices

After an update caused my laptop to have a total meltdown back in summer and I had to take it in for a factory reset, I spoke to a Windows agent and he apparently switched off my automatic updates after informing me that my poor old Samsung (she's only 5!) was no longer compatible for the updates.. However, those pesky updates have snuck through and caused another device failure this morning resulting in me bothering the nice people at KnowHow.. We managed to get my laptop to do a 'system restore' over the phone and the old gal seems to be bearing up.. Now I want to know how I can check that the auto updates are still switched off and to make sure they stay switched off!

Thanks in advance for any advice..

:)

EmmaHammonds, Nov 14, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 14, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Windows updates on non-compatible devices

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates on non-compatible devices

1. Windows updates on non-compatible devices - Similar Threads - updates non compatible

2. 22H2 Update Will not show up on compatible device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 Update Will not show up on compatible device: I have a 2021 Surface Pro 8 with an 11th gen intel i7 with 16gb of RAM running windows 11 21H2. I've been trying to update to the 22H2 but it simply wont show up for me. My device is up to date according to the setting prompt and all of my Intel Drivers are updated as well....
  3. 22H2 Update Will not show up on compatible device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 Update Will not show up on compatible device: I have a 2021 Surface Pro 8 with an 11th gen intel i7 with 16gb of RAM running windows 11 21H2. I've been trying to update to the 22H2 but it simply wont show up for me. My device is up to date according to the setting prompt and all of my Intel Drivers are updated as well....
  4. DEVICE COMPATIBILITY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Are there any Tracker bracelets compatible with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-compatibility/f5527c9e-4a8e-48b2-89ad-5e6defdcf592
  5. DEVICE COMPATIBILITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Are there any Tracker bracelets compatible with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-compatibility/f5527c9e-4a8e-48b2-89ad-5e6defdcf592
  6. DEVICE COMPATIBILITY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 11: installation on non-compatible systems possible

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11: installation on non-compatible systems possible: Microsoft updated the minimum system requirements of the company's upcoming Windows 11 operating system yesterday. Windows customers and administrators who had hoped for less strict requirements, did not get what they wished for. While Microsoft did add a handful of seventh...
  8. Windows Update compatible devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update compatible devices: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. Why is my" device...
  9. non compatible motherboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    non compatible motherboard?: My desktop MSI motherboard or chipset is not officially compatible with windows 10. I was told that the upgrade may work anyway 50/50, and that Microsoft may install it's own drivers. MSI said it's the Lan and audio. So I guess if they work after upgrade, then I'm good to...
  10. 10 upgrade on non-compatible laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10 upgrade on non-compatible laptop: I am looking at a laptop for a fellow student. He upgraded from 8.1 to 10 shortly after 10 became available. Recently it was running slow and shuts off sometimes. Fan vent was clogged. CPU temp a little too high. First of all there are no drivers for Windows 10 from Toshiba....