Windows 10: Windows Updates Pause Dates

Discus and support Windows Updates Pause Dates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I added these updates: KB4552931, KB4561600, KB4560960, AND KB890830. Prior to these updates, I could pause the updates for several months out. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lynnea12, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Lynnea12 Win User

Windows Updates Pause Dates

I added these updates: KB4552931, KB4561600, KB4560960, AND KB890830.

Prior to these updates, I could pause the updates for several months out. Now I am only able to pause the updates for 30 days.

I would prefer to have the longer period for pausing updates and I have an older raid desktop which has trouble with major updates.

Should I delete these updates to go back to my longer pause period?

:)

Lynnea12, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Hesed3 Win User
    Update Pause

Got it. But it is a bit confusing. At the top it said Check for Updates and when I clicked that it searched and found the Update but said something like can’t do it now because Pause is set and down further it said Resume Update
    . When I went to Settings Advanced I was offered a choice of a bunch of dates, but not a Cancel Pause.
    I think the message on the Update page would be clearer if the button said
    Remove (or Cancel) Pause. Resume Update suggests that you have canceled updates , not paused them .

Hesed3, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Windows Updates Pause Dates

Can I pause Windows updates several times?

Sorry, I didn't mean exactly not following directions, I meant that the possible suggestions which were very listed are just too complicated for me. The possibility of disabling through Services via the Start menu (which is different from the services I see with Task Manager) is something I can do. But, I also saw that one should disable the Windows Update Medic Service. Your link certainly shows that that is not so easy to do.

Thanks for you continued help.

I guess I'll throw in the towel and ask my computer guy to look into this.

- - - Updated - - -

I just discovered that when I check Windows Update Settings, I can pause for a long period.

If I quite the Update Settings, and then check again, the pause dates are increased.

In short, the problem of being able to pause for a longer period of time has been solved for me.

Lynnea1941, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Updates Pause Dates

1. Windows Updates Pause Dates - Similar Threads - Updates Pause Dates

2. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to increase pause update time prior to current pause date?

how to increase pause update time prior to current pause date?: I am unable to open 'pause' option in 'updates and security' setting because it is currently set on pause until Dec 15, tomorrow. Also cannot open 'advanced' option in 'updates 'settings. I am trying to delay/avoid Window's automatic installation of v.2004 as long as...
  6. Windows Update Pauses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Update Pauses: I know how to schedule updates' pauses. My problem is that I can't turn them off, ie., there is no On - Off for pauses. As a result, I'm not getting any updates since it just keeps rolling it forward....
  7. windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings. is windows help out of date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 updates can't be paused in settings. is windows help out of date?: the "Pause updates" button is missing in settings. can't pause win10 updates, as instructed in Windows Help. I lost five days worth of work when a computer simulation that was running continuously was shut down during a windows update. I am using windows 10 home version...
  8. pause on windows update

pause on windows update: Why is my windows update on pause? how do I get that off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pause-on-windows-update/92efa6a5-3522-42c6-9969-98b8f04a461b
  9. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  10. Pause Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Windows Update: Hello I have a question about windows update: can i resume windows update after the computer was shutdown? if so, what is the procedure? I have build 10130. 7086