Windows 10: Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.

Discus and support Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Asus x540, running Pentium and 4GB. Yes I did say she’s still running. I keep noticing that I have: feature update 2004 pending...I started to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thegoddamnlastname, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.

Asus x540, running Pentium and 4GB. Yes I did say she’s still running.

I keep noticing that I have: feature update 2004 pending...I started to install and then looked up an article about it not working in some computers. Not sure if I had to reboot to stop it or what happened .

I also have 2020-10- Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 (KB4580980)

It seems like whenever I check for updates there is always one ready to go. Are there like competing updates and so I only need to pick one? Each time I install some update am I just alternating between two competing updates? Which (KB) should I have? Do I need 2004 or will it break me? What is the solution here it drives me crazy to see uninstalled updates!!

List of update history:

2020-10 (KB4577671) success

2929-10 (KB4580325)

2020-10 (KB4577671) failed

2020-09 (KB4576947)

2020-09 (KB4023057)

2020-09 (KB4576484)

2020-09 (KB4574727)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Thegoddamnlastname
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thegoddamnlastname, Oct 23, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 23, 2020
  3. The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi,

Since the issue is still not solved so as to the next step I would suggest you roll back the Windows 10 2004 update and try updating it again following the below instructions.

To Rollback windows 2004 update follow the below instructions:

Open Settings by typing in the search box next to windows icon

Click on Update & Security.

Click on Recovery.

Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click the Get started button.

Select a reason why you’re uninstalling version 2004.

Click the Next button.

Click the No, thanks button.

Click the Next button.

Click the Next button again.

Click the Go back to the earlier build button.

Once you complete the steps, the device will remove the latest feature update, and it’ll revert to the previous version

Next

To Install the Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Jpv_2020 Win User

Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.

windows version 2004 update

After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909

Jpv_2020, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version.

1. Windows updates question about 2004 and latest version. - Similar Threads - updates question 2004

2. Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest: I just want to ask how long will windows update take if I update my windows 10 with a ssd, because my pc has a fresh windows installed and my pc needs to update the windows, I checked what version my windows 10 is and it is 2004....
  3. About windows 10 version 2004 update

About windows 10 version 2004 update: I find that this update is not compatible with my computer, it always starts update when my computer is idle, and it will report error when the update reach 99.9%. Then it will use about half hour to restore to previous version, did anyone have encounter this problem and how...
  4. Latest Cumulative update version 2004

Latest Cumulative update version 2004: When I installed this update today and the computer had to restart the computer hung on the restart screen. I had to force shut the machine and boot up and then the update was configured and installed. This happened on all my computers for this update. Wondering if anyone...
  5. LATEST UPDATE WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 HOME

LATEST UPDATE WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 HOME: MICROSOFT: WHY DID U DO THIS? THIS IS AN UGLY-**** UPDATE 2004. HORRIBLE UGLY **** SCREEN. GLARING WHITE TASKBAR JUMPS OUT AND IMMEDIATELY HAS A FEELING OF HATE. WHERE IS MY BLACK TASKBAR???????!!!!!!! CHANGE IT BACK. I **** HATE IT....
  6. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  7. About Windows 10 version 2004 update

About Windows 10 version 2004 update: Hey. is the version 2004 update is temporarily suspended to all the users that use NVIDIA GPU. Because I use a NVIDIA GPU for my Acer laptop and in the update settings it says there is an issue and update is still on its way. So I checked the known issues for version 2004...
  8. About Windows 10 update to version 2004

About Windows 10 update to version 2004: Before a week ago my got the message that windows 10 version 2004 is available and it showed the option to "download and Install". But today I checked it again to install the update it shows a message that says, " windows 10 version 2004 is on its way and once it is ready...
  9. Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update

Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update: I recently installed the latest MS Win10 version 2004 update. It seems to be very slow loading, running, even Edge takes nearly 1 full minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?...
  10. Question about updating windows 10 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about updating windows 10 version.: What happens if I update my windows 10 to the latest version? Is it equivalent to a fresh windows 10 installation? (But files will not be deleted). The reason I'm asking is because I've been having this "Class not registered" error when opening literally any apps on my...