Windows 10: Windows updates removed drivers and software

Discus and support Windows updates removed drivers and software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed the updates for windows 10, now all my installed software and pc drivers have been deleted. What can i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RossTaylor1959, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Windows updates removed drivers and software

I recently installed the updates for windows 10, now all my installed software and pc drivers have been deleted. What can i do?

:)

RossTaylor1959, Mar 21, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. Louie Del Win User
    Update wont update DUE TO Avira (i REMOVED ALL i COULD IN REGESTRY) AND dvd ram driver/bd DRIVER SOFTWARE

Hi Michael,

The usual cause for an update not to be installed successfully is due to conflicts with a third-party antivirus software and device driver errors which were the ones that you’ve encountered. To continue with installing the update, we suggest that you follow
    these steps:

• Remove or disable third-party security software. Make sure to least disable the third-party antivirus software that’s installed on your computer. Then, check for updates again.
    • Check Device Manager for driver errors. Type Device Manager in the
      Search box on the taskbar, then select it from the results. In the window that will pop up, try to look for any device with a
      yellow exclamation mark beside it (you may have to select each category to switch to the list of devices). Right-click the device name and select either
      Update Driver Software or Uninstall it to correct these errors.

Let us know the outcome after trying the steps.

-If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as the answer" to help those who are facing the same problem-

Louie Del, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows updates removed drivers and software

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows updates removed drivers and software

1. Windows updates removed drivers and software - Similar Threads - updates removed drivers

2. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update software drivers: how do i update software drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-drivers/ed74ba83-03c5-4464-889a-21b0e0d664f4
  3. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update software drivers: how do i update software drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-drivers/ed74ba83-03c5-4464-889a-21b0e0d664f4
  4. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Update driver software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update driver software: I try to update my Bluetooth portable device to MTB USB device but It was showing Window found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it MTP USB device The system cannot find the path specified If you know the manufacturer of your...
  6. software and drivers update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software and drivers update: HI I have a question I own an older HP laptop,is 13years old,is in agood shape and working great,the only problem is HP no longer give updates to older laptops or computers,so how can I update my older laptop? is any way to do this with ther party updates ?apreciate alitle...
  7. software and drivers update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software and drivers update: HI I have a question I own an older HP laptop,is 13years old,is in agood shape and working great,the only problem is HP no longer give updates to older laptops or computers,so how can I update my older laptop? is any way to do this with ther party updates ?apreciate alitle...
  8. software and drivers update

9. Driver updating software?

Driver updating software?: Hi, Anyone used a driver updater that looks for new driver software updates? Could please recommend any? I was using Avast Driver Updater, but I'm wanting something better. 178352
  10. Remove Slimware Driver update software

Remove Slimware Driver update software: Very frequently a message window popps up from "Slim ware" advising me to update my drivers. I also understand that the Widows also keep on updating the drivers automatically. What would be the safest method to uninstall the "Slimware" and its irritating message? \...