Windows 10: WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

Discus and support WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by remotejazz, May 20, 2020.

1. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

Each time I receive an MS update for MS Edge my computer is reset and I am taken back to the "Microsoft Edge Welcome Page"? I have to continuously rebuild my personal desktop settings and must also re-authorize some of my software applications. I may receive updates 2 or 3 times a day from MS. My C: drive downloads and pictures are totally deleted even though I have synched my PC via MS Edge. Can someone please help me with this matter? This is my second inquiry concerning this issue and I all I am getting is additional questions from MS instead of a solution. I think I have described the situation clearly.

The issue I am speaking of below also seems to be effecting incoming e-mails through Outlook. It appears that during the update period I do not receive any e-mails in my Outlook mail box. I have shut down Windows updates on my computer for the time being until I hear back from MS with a solution.

:)

remotejazz, May 20, 2020

2. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 20, 2020
  3. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 20, 2020
  4. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

Thema:

WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS

1. WINDOWS UPDATES RESETTING MY PERSONAL DESKTOP SETTINGS - Similar Threads - UPDATES RESETTING PERSONAL

2. Windows Updates and Personal Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates and Personal Settings: Windows changed my PC settings, PC goes to sleep after about 1 minute inactivity, and even though I keep resetting it back to “NEVER” it still goes to sleep! And now I can’t sign back in with just my password, it is asking me to set a PIN, I also have PIN required setting set...
  3. Windows resetting personal settings upon restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resetting personal settings upon restart: Recently I've been having trouble with Windows resetting my personalized settings upon restarting my PC. Things like my wallpaper and app locations stay the same but it's been disabling my ClearType and some other personalization settings like displaying thumbnails and...
  4. Factory reset kept personalization settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset kept personalization settings: Hey, I recently factory reset my windows 10 pc because i had some trouble with malware in the past and was having several problems that I couldn't find anything about since. I figured that there was some damage to my os the malware caused, and resetting was the most definite...
  5. Windows 10 Update Reset my Personal User Computer Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Reset my Personal User Computer Settings.: I have updated windows 10 pro OS build 19041.450 Win. Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.31.0 It was updated on 14th of Aug 2020 4:30 pm India time. After that I updated and shutdown PC and log-in directly on Monday. What I see is all my setting is gone. what should I do...
  6. Personalization Settings constantly resetting

Personalization Settings constantly resetting: I'm having an issue where my background personalization settings are constantly reverting to "Picture" from "Slideshow". This happens mostly when I enter full-screen mode from a game, then exit the game. I can reset my personalization settings fine, but the next time I exit...
  7. Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer: on 8/19 my windows computer updated on it's own and when i opened my computer it was factory reset, didn't have any of my files, didn't save any of my personal preferences, said my windows account was "corrupted", and now factory resets like that every time that the computer...
  8. Personalization settings reset on their own?

Personalization settings reset on their own?: Am I the only one who has experienced this? I keep my laptop up to date and I haven't had any viruses, nor have I installed any third-party software. What gives? It's pretty easy for me to put my settings back to what they were, but it does get annoying....
  9. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...
  10. Windows Update + Personalized Settings?

Windows Update + Personalized Settings?: Hi, Near end of automatic windows-update, I got black screen with little with box in upper left corner, with message, "Personalized Settings. Setting up personalized settings for windows desktop update." -that stayed on screen for few minutes, and Updates were then...