Windows 10: Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

Discus and support Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jeremy1069, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I can listen to audio again in clear quality? Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.9287.1Sound Research Corp. - SoftwareComponent - 2.0.10.44Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Bluetooth - 1.9.1038.3008 I don't use Bluetooth but it's sound-relatedIs there any way to undo the changes these made? I cannot get my sound back to n

:)

jeremy1069, Jun 18, 2022

2. Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help.

Hi;

It seems the last windows update (which i have since rolled back from to no avail) has 'unplugged' my internal soundcard in my alienware m17x r4 (a soundblaster recon 3di).

Turned computer on to find speakers not working and not listed under playback devices, jacks and headphones were however ok.

Today I tried to fix it by uninstalling all creative drivers and reinstalling (hadn't looked at device manager at this point). On trying to reinstall everything kept giving me "no supported device" type errors and wouldn't allow me to put creative drivers or software back on (tried extracting packages, running as admin etc).

Then I had a look at device manager only to find my soundcard was no longer listed but even worse there are no mystery devices to install drivers for. It also won't detect any new hardware. Using the add legacy option only gave me one option from creative as a manufacturer which was totally inappropriate. Dxdiag also shows no soundcard now, and the bios has nothing mentioning a sound device. There are however two entries under system devices in device manager called "high definition audio controller".

After a lot of rebooting I seemed able to install a driver successfully (using an installer, not directly via device manager) and the sb control panel (which I need for my jacks to work), however still no soundcard showing, no speakers and no sound through jacks. Eventually I tried using a program called drivereasy to check my drivers thinnking it might see something i couldn't. Happily I saw it had an entry for an audio device, and even listed it correctly as a recon 3di and offered to download an updated driver. However...it lists the device as unplugged.

How on earth do i force windows to see it again or virtually plug it back in?!

Since 'upgrading' from windows 7 Ive had a few problems with the sound and installing drivers but never had the entire device vanish....even from device manager. At my wits end, googled my arse off, tried a lot of suggestions but am going quietly insane.

Whydidiupgrade, Jun 18, 2022
  3. The update ruined my audio

On 06/12/2019 my Windows had an update and it ruined my sound! The computer will not let the audio out. I already uninstalled the update, and the audio came back up, but it updated again, and the same problem occurred. I have already uninstalled and updated
    drivers, but nothing works in this new version.

GabrielRodrigues[], Jun 18, 2022
  4. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

Realtek HD Audio Drivers missing after installing driver update for AMD Graphics Card

I'd suppose Realtek USB 2.0 Audio is what you need. Try to install drivers manually form the list system suggests.

And may be the soundcard is partially broken.

Igor Leyko, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

1. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio - Similar Threads - updates ruined soundcard

2. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  3. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  4. New Audio Update Ruined Bass On Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Audio Update Ruined Bass On Headphones: Hello there, so recently I downloaded an update from Windows update for my headphones and I realised that the bass isn't as punchy as before like for example when I listen to music the bass isn't as immersive as before. May you please help? Thank You!!...
  5. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  6. Windows updates ruined my soundcard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  7. Windows updates ruined my soundcard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  8. A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(: TLDR; My laptop audio is just static for some reason and I have no idea why, but I'll give the complete story in case it helps with troubleshooting: So three days ago, my Windows 10 laptop decided to update as I was shutting down. I let it do so as usual. I just left the...
  9. soundcard audio output not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    soundcard audio output not recognized: my audio from back of my desktop wont appear on my playback device selector. if i plug headphones to my front panel 3.5 jack it does appear as a selectable device, and there is no issues in the device manager audio tab. so i guess its nothing wrong with the integrated sound...
  10. Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?: Is my soundcard broken? Just a day ago I accidentally yanked my headphone cord while it was in the socket(the one on the back of my desktop). This broke the plastic around the edge. Now when I plug my headphones in again, the sound is missing half of the...