Windows 10: Windows Updates/September Storm

Discus and support Windows Updates/September Storm in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Loyally I have installed every update Microsoft has ever offered me because I have a tendency to suspect that the people who create and develop all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JennytheGeek, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Windows Updates/September Storm

Loyally I have installed every update Microsoft has ever offered me because I have a tendency to suspect that the people who create and develop all this Windows Software are likely to have a better idea about the tweaks it needs for problem free running than someone running a Third Party website who may or may not have a beneficent agenda.

Even Computer Manufacturers are, I find, suspect in this regard. HP's Support Assistant recently started flashing an alert saying "You have Windows Defender Antivirus Live---your Security could be BETTER, BUY MCAFEE!"

Now, that statement is TRUE as far as it goes. But false in its implications. The fact is I have Windows Defender Security Suite (as we all do, for free) which includes much more than just Windows Defender Antivirus Live and I have no need at all to get McAfee.

And HP has a history as a relatively trustworthy company.

But all these updates:

I'm not sure they have really made anything work all that much better, Of course, I know that the Fall Creators Update/Upgrade is getting close (next month if it is on schedule the way the Spring Update WASN'T and that THAT is one of the reasons (perhaps the PRIMARY reason) why we're being hit with all these cumulative and security u[dates...including yesterday's):

Windows Updates/September Storm 7681ac60-031b-473d-ab67-0ac85368ba48?upload=true.png

But are ALL of these really necessary? Because the more of these Windows issues the more operating systems (adapted by different manufacturer for the manufacturer's needs) they are likely to mess up in a whole NEW way.

In other words...do they know the risks?

:)

JennytheGeek, Sep 27, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updates/September Storm :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 27, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Updates/September Storm

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows Updates/September Storm

1. Windows Updates/September Storm - Similar Threads - Updates September Storm

2. I cant play storm works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant play storm works: I downloaded stormworks on steam and when I try to get in the game it show me GLFW ERROR WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGLProcessor: Procesor IntelR CoreTM i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHzGraphics card: Radeon rx 580-...
  3. Windows 10 update September 2022

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update September 2022: Thanks to Microsoft for completely messing up my home pc. After updating last night will not not power up at all!! Flipping furious!!!!! Was powering up and then switching off, been like it for a few hours, now will not power up at all! Any ideas please?...
  4. deadliest catch alaskan storm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deadliest catch alaskan storm: hi ive been looking to buy the deadliest catch alaskan storm pc game for ages and i cant find anywhere selling it and would like to know if anyone knows where i can purchase this game...
  5. September 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    September 2020 update: Since the update, when I put computer to sleep, then want it to wake up I am taken to the lock screen and log on rather than to where I left off. How to alter this please....
  6. Windows Update September 2020

Windows Update September 2020: Updated PC with the latest Windows 10 September 2020 update - the update loaded and then changed to uninstalling the update indicating there was a problem. The PC has crashed and attempts to boot are unsuccessful....
  7. September 2020 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    September 2020 Windows 10 update: Two or three weeks ago I got a notification that Windows 10 needed to restart to load updates, and I was asked if I wanted to "restart now" or "schedule a restart". I scheduled a restart for the early morning hours when I wouldn't be working. The restart did not take place...
  8. September update for windows 10

September update for windows 10: The latest update for windows 10 20H2 fails with 0x800f0988 error. I've tried fixes for people that have had this problem before and still getting this error. Any new suggestions?...
  9. Windows Update September 2019

Windows Update September 2019: This update completely messed up my settings. I was logged out of all my accounts. None of the security settings I configured are available any more. This has been a huge time waste!...
  10. Windows Update (September 2019)

Windows Update (September 2019): Hello, I have twice tried to update Windows with the latest support edition and twice it has run all night and jammed at 66%. I left it a further 4 hours to try and sort it self out but in the end I had to close my computer, physically. On re start it said " Undoing...