Windows 10: Windows updates. Set the time but still restarting for updates randomly.

Discus and support Windows updates. Set the time but still restarting for updates randomly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to run a small local radio station for a small town in Canada. I'm forcibly retired due to Crohns. I started this business because it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnMorr, Dec 10, 2018.

1. JohnMorr Win User

Windows updates. Set the time but still restarting for updates randomly.

I am trying to run a small local radio station for a small town in Canada. I'm forcibly retired due to Crohns. I started this business because it's something I can do otherwise I forced to live on a pension of $735/month. I can't have restarts during my scheduled broadcast times. I can restart at 3AM no problem to get it fired up and running again if I know it's going to happen. Every time it restarts I loose ad revenue and sponsors. I'm over $4K in lost revenue because of this Just this past year. I'm gong broke.

I can't run my system on W7 since upgrading. The new equipment will not run on W7 My broadcasting setup is redone with W10 drivers that do not work properly on W7. I tried. I have a stream deck audio equipment EQ and 150W broadcasting box for FM. The W10 system does more than just play audio. I set up a days programming advertising and breaks it all up to to play what I scheduled. What's the point in providing this audio hardware and software for W10 when W10 is unusable.

I need to either be able to turn the updates off or make them strictly update during the scheduled time. Does anyone know how to do this? Can W10 do this? My only choice is to go back on the pension or sue Microsoft when the losses add up to over $10K. or at least the cost of all the hardware. They have not delivered a stable OS fit for purpose. How does anyone keep a stable build if it's forced to update with no previous testing? Sue them for using me as their testing crew instaed of delivering a functioning OS. They only let it function when they say to hell with the money you paid to have a machine doing what you tell it to do. W10 is broken and I don't know what to do.

The Start button keeps vanishing when you click on anything in it. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

JohnMorr, Dec 10, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updates. Set the time but still restarting for updates randomly. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 10, 2018
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

1. Windows updates. Set the time but still restarting for updates randomly. - Similar Threads - updates Set still

2. Why does "almost time to restart" still appear after I restarted it and updated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "almost time to restart" still appear after I restarted it and updated?: My 9 years Satellite L55-A5226 I restared it yesterday after it appears: almost time to restart.... But after a few hours it appear it again then I restarted it. Now today for the third time, it appears again. What happens?????...
  3. Why does "almost time to restart" still appear after I restarted it and updated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does "almost time to restart" still appear after I restarted it and updated?: My 9 years Satellite L55-A5226 I restared it yesterday after it appears: almost time to restart.... But after a few hours it appear it again then I restarted it. Now today for the third time, it appears again. What happens?????...
  4. Why does "almost time to restart" still appear after I restarted it and updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping.

My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping.: My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping. I tried to install new OS through USB getting same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-update-is-stuck-at-91-restarted-many-times/b1ce2b51-8f5d-4797-a0a5-bd62e5479816
  6. My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping.: My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping. I tried to install new OS through USB getting same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-update-is-stuck-at-91-restarted-many-times/b1ce2b51-8f5d-4797-a0a5-bd62e5479816
  7. My update is stuck at 91% restarted many times . Still it's not stopping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows randomly restarted to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows randomly restarted to update: how do i fucking stop this i was playing a fucking game submitted by /u/livingbleach [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hscj3o/windows_randomly_restarted_to_update/
  9. Windows update is off but it still wants to restart and update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update is off but it still wants to restart and update?: I have Windows update disabled in services.msc but I keep getting the pop up on my screen to "restart now or wait an hour". I can shut down without updating but I can't restart or it will update. Last time it tried updating it messed up and had to "undo changes" and I don't...
  10. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart: Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer the settings revert back to default again so I have to redo all my default programs like chrome rather than edge and adobe...