Windows 10: Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it"

Discus and support Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I have settings for update activity which determine the time etc when downloads and updates can take place. I have instructed the OS to inhibit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by somethingbrite, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it"

So, I have settings for update activity which determine the time etc when downloads and updates can take place.

I have instructed the OS to inhibit notification popups when an application is full screen.

And yet right in the middle of a fullscreen application session, well outside the permitted time for update activity what does Windows go ahead and do?

Yes. You guesed it. Windows update has hijacked the PC again.

Despite all the above, a popup has invaded the fullscreen space to tell me about a new feature update. It wants to know when I want to do this. (I thought I already defined that no? How about "the times and days I already suggested?

Not good enough? Ok, how about at the end of the week, when I'm not going to be relying on this particular laptop for work, travel and hotel bookings etc? How about ANY TIME EXCEPT RIGHT NOW WHEN IM BUSY?

"Oh, ok." says Windows "how about right now?"

Because you see, despite everything ive set up or just instructed it to do....windows has decided to make it impossible for me to now shut down or restart my laptop without an hours hhours worth of messing around as it updates.

Is microsoft not aware that we use our computers for other things? As work tools and entertainment devices?

Has it not been following the decade old trend in "instant on/always on" devices? Has microsoft never stopped to consider that I might be on coffee bar wifi wn the departure lounge of an airport about to board an aircraft trying to work on the last minute changes to a presentation I need to make, with this very laptop, a short taxi ride at the other end of my flight and that when I said "Update at these specific times only" or "no, don't actually update until the end of this week" or "I'm busy with a full screen, processor intensive task don't obscure my application with a popup behaviour I already inhibited" thats exactly what i actually meant?

Microsoft clearly exist in a bubble where they have lost sight of who uses their OS, how they use it and what they use it for.

Whether I needed that update or not I wasn't given the choice. Microsoft basically hijacked my machine while I was using it.

:)

somethingbrite, Aug 19, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it" [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 19, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it"

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it"

1. Windows Updates show Microsoft still doesn't "get it" - Similar Threads - Updates show Microsoft

2. Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: My applications are not being updated by Microsoft Store. When I try to click Get Updates manually, it tries to fetch the updates but doesn't show any. When I open some app directly in Store, an update is offered and I can manually install it.I noticed following error in the...
  3. Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Updates in Microsoft Store doesn't find any updates: My applications are not being updated by Microsoft Store. When I try to click Get Updates manually, it tries to fetch the updates but doesn't show any. When I open some app directly in Store, an update is offered and I can manually install it.I noticed following error in the...
  4. Windows 11 still not showing up in updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 still not showing up in updates: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book NP7300DA from Christmas and it is fully compatible with Windows 11, but the upgrade is not showing up in my updates.I need 11 because everybody else in my organization has upgraded and I'm the last one. Should I just clean install? That's not a...
  5. Windows 11 still not showing up in updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 still not showing up in updates: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book NP7300DA from Christmas and it is fully compatible with Windows 11, but the upgrade is not showing up in my updates.I need 11 because everybody else in my organization has upgraded and I'm the last one. Should I just clean install? That's not a...
  6. Microsoft Store Doesn't Show "Get" on App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Doesn't Show "Get" on App: I'm trying to download Samsung Notes for my PC and there is not "Get" button in the Microsoft Store app my computer is eligible for the app so that's not the probelm. I can get it to appear in my browser no problem, but in the app it doesn't appear no matter how many times I...
  7. Microsoft Store Doesn't Show "Get" on App

Microsoft Store Doesn't Show "Get" on App: I'm trying to download Samsung Notes for my PC and there is not "Get" button in the Microsoft Store app my computer is eligible for the app so that's not the probelm. I can get it to appear in my browser no problem, but in the app it doesn't appear no matter how many times I...
  8. Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...: I installed Windows 11 build 22000.194 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant two days ago. While Settings/System/About shows the correct Windows 11 Installation, the Windows Update History shows only the full Windows 10...
  9. Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...

Windows Update History doesn't show Windows 11 after install, still shows full Windows 10...: I installed Windows 11 build 22000.194 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant two days ago. While Settings/System/About shows the correct Windows 11 Installation, the Windows Update History shows only the full Windows 10...
  10. Windows update still not showing 1809 availability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update still not showing 1809 availability: Hi all, My sister's laptop - a recent HP i3-based machine featuring Windows 10 home 1803 - is still not showing 1809 as an available update when manually checking under Windows Update. The only stop block I could find online was the intel graphic driver - I have checked...