Windows 10: Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days

Discus and support Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows updates won’t download to install. No errors or messages anywhere. I’ve run all troubleshooters without issue. Tried to update to 1903 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexBoge, Jun 21, 2019.

1. AlexBoge Win User

Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days

My Windows updates won’t download to install. No errors or messages anywhere. I’ve run all troubleshooters without issue. Tried to update to 1903 and it takes a day to get to 99% then just sits there. When I reboot it’s like it didn’t even start, no rollback, nothing. Tried to update windows defender definitions, took a day to get to 45% Internet speeds are fine and uninterrupted. Any ideas?

:)

AlexBoge, Jun 21, 2019

2. Computer is unresponsive after sitting idle

My laptop screen goes black after sitting idle or when i close the lid. Sleep and hibernation are disabled but laptop becomes unresponsive.

hasanani96, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days

computer won't start after sitting idle

Yesterday I had a black screen with a message saying there was a driver problem. I did an update and things seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately the computer won't start up after it has been sitting idle. I have to keep turning it off completely in
    order to restart it.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop

JulieClarke1, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days

1. Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days - Similar Threads - Updates sit idle

2. Apps wont open after pc sits idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps wont open after pc sits idle: Apps only open with a fresh restart. After pc sits idle for a few hours, the applications will not open.Have tried a fresh clean reinstall of windows, ran sfc scan and dism in command prompt several times, have changed the power plan to custom and high performance and...
  3. Apps wont open after pc sits idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps wont open after pc sits idle: Apps only open with a fresh restart. After pc sits idle for a few hours, the applications will not open.Have tried a fresh clean reinstall of windows, ran sfc scan and dism in command prompt several times, have changed the power plan to custom and high performance and...
  4. Why is Windows Update timed to start just when we need to use it, after sitting idle ALL DAY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Update timed to start just when we need to use it, after sitting idle ALL DAY?: WHY is it that update only occurs when we are about to use the computer?? The computer has been sitting there idle ALL day, and just when we need it, it goes into an update. We then have sit there watching, waiting for it to finish. WHY WHY WHY??? What's AUTOMATIC update for...
  5. Why is Windows Update timed to start just when we need to use it, after sitting idle ALL DAY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Update timed to start just when we need to use it, after sitting idle ALL DAY?: WHY is it that update only occurs when we are about to use the computer?? The computer has been sitting there idle ALL day, and just when we need it, it goes into an update. We then have sit there watching, waiting for it to finish. WHY WHY WHY??? What's AUTOMATIC update for...
  6. Why is Windows Update timed to start just when we need to use it, after sitting idle ALL DAY?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop crashes while sitting idle .: I have reloaded windows and currently have almost nothing on the computer yet it crashes constantly. I typically get a small blue notice no boot device. I did load whocrashed and have a crash dump analysis. Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1903, build:...
  8. Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?: I just installed the Windows 10 2004 update yesterday and I'm having a problem. All my apps work fine and my PC in general if I'm continuously using it, but if I walk away from it for like 15 mins, come back and try to open any program, they won't open. Including the start...
  9. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle: Hey guys, New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce a...
  10. BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+

BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+: Im running windows 10 and I've been getting these blue screen errors .. It usually happens when my computer is left idle for over 10-20 mins.. It displays a blue screen and then restarts. At first i had no clue . Later i checked the minidump folder and i found those BSOD log...