Windows 10: Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X

Discus and support Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 X, which is the new expression of Microsoft’s desktop operating system, comes with a redesigned Windows Update experience. According to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X

Windows 10 X, which is the new expression of Microsoft’s desktop operating system, comes with a redesigned Windows Update experience. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 X will allow users to install feature updates in a matter of seconds, and for the time being, the new Windows Update approach would be limited to 10X.

Microsoft says Windows 10 X is separated from the rest of the OS components. It maintains separation between the system files, drivers and applications, which allows Windows 10 X to install feature updates in an offline partition.

Windows 10 X downloads feature updates in an offline state and files are saved in an offline partition and Microsoft migrates the modified files to the new partition before the actual reboot of the device.

The approach will enable new Windows updates in “less than 90 seconds”, similar to ChromeOS and Android updates.

This is a huge improvement over Windows 10 where you have to wait a while for Windows to update, and this wastes an immense amount of time. Windows Updates on Windows 10 Home, Pro and Enterprise can take anywhere from 5 minutes to one hour and multiple reboots to apply the new features.

As the OS is not directly linked to the apps and drivers, Win32 programs will run in containers, and apps won’t be able to make any changes to system files, which should improve the performance of the OS and Windows Update.

Microsoft has already confirmed that Windows 10 X is “read-only” for apps including advanced programs such as Registry cleaners, which means users won’t be able to use Registry cleaners and editors.

The post Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 12, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Feb 12, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X windows-10-hp-stream-100566481-large.jpg

It may come as no surprise, but Microsoft won't release another major update for Windows 10 in 2016. The good news is you can expect two big updates to Microsoft’s latest operating system in 2017.

Microsoft let the information slip in a TechNet blog post published earlier in the week. “Windows 10, version 1607 is our third Windows 10 feature update released,” Microsoft said in the blog post. “Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows 10, this will be our last feature update for 2016, with two additional feature updates expected in 2017.”

The blog post appears to confirm reports from the Windows rumor mill about the timing of the next two updates for Windows 10. The first update, dubbed Redstone 2, is expected to roll out in early 2017 with the second, Redstone 3, landing in the summer or early fall, similar to the timing of the recently released Anniversary Update (previously known as Redstone 1).

This schedule would put Microsoft back on a two updates per year schedule similar to the initial rollout of Windows 10, as Windows Central first pointed out. In 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10 (also known as Threshold) in July and then the November Update(dubbed Threshold 2) three months later.

This time around, Redstone 2 is expected to roll out in the spring and then Redstone 3 should hit about four to six months later.

The impact on you at home: Of the two updates, Redstone 2 looks to be the most interesting so far. Not necessarily because of the features, which are believed to be largely things that weren’t ready for the Anniversary Update. The big deal is that the early 2017 update is expected to roll out in concert with new hardware from Microsoft, asZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley first reported back in March.

Early builds of Redstone 2 are expected to roll out to Windows Insiders in the coming weeks.

Two major Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2017

P4-630, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X - Similar Threads - Updates major overhaul

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 10 get further Major Updates: I wonder will windows 10 get any further Major Updates like windows 10 20h1 update because Microsoft already released Windows 11 and announced windows 10's expires in 2025 but before that day will windows 10 get any Major Update after 21h2 update...
  4. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will windows 10 get further Major Updates: I wonder will windows 10 get any further Major Updates like windows 10 20h1 update because Microsoft already released Windows 11 and announced windows 10's expires in 2025 but before that day will windows 10 get any Major Update after 21h2 update...
  5. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 User Interface Should get a Complete Modern Overhaul

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Interface Should get a Complete Modern Overhaul: Hi everyone, so I've been and most of us have been using Windows 10 for over 5 years, and windows 7 came around the same time before Windows 10. Every new version of windows brought about an astonishing user interface for its time, however, everything has a "life cycle"...
  7. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. ZoneAlarm is very...
  8. Major Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Windows Updates: My PC uses Windows 10/1903, AV = Avast, Firewall = ZoneAlarm Lengthy updates - Cumulative and Feature etc. which take a very long time to complete. Is it safer to turn off the AV and Firewall before installing the update ? Or is it OK to leave them on. 142322
  9. Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc: My old Pc finally died on me and i'm rebuilding/upgrading it, completely change most of the parts including the motherboard, the only old part that i used are graphic card and power supply unit (from am3+ to am4 platform) my version of windows was a free version windows 10...
  10. Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update: Today, Microsoft is pushing out a major update for Outlook on both Windows and Web. The company had earlier announced a major UI overhaul for its Outlook app and today it’s rolling out to the public. As part of this update, Microsoft is adding a simplified ribbon across...