Windows 10: Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program

Discus and support Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an issue that's been going on since the 1903 Windows update. Every time Windows 10 updates now, it automatically turns OFF my Avast antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FeenixTater, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program

I have an issue that's been going on since the 1903 Windows update. Every time Windows 10 updates now, it automatically turns OFF my Avast antivirus and turns ON Windows Defender or the native Windows antivirus. It doesn't ask, it just turns Avast OFF. Avast will run normally but when I go to the Antivirus Security Providers, Avast if OFF and Windows Defender is ON.

Quit doing this every time I update. This is why I disable Windows updates. Yet again, something stupid to deal with and have to constantly check now to make sure Avast isn't off.

Why is your company doing that???? I never had this issue before 1903

:)

FeenixTater, Aug 16, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program

Need an Antivirus Program

You can try Microsoft Security Essentials. If it is too slow, try Avira Antivirus. Microsoft Security Essentials covers antivirus and antispyware and it does work very well. It's caught every instance of malware trying to get on my computer since I've been using it. You never have to worry about ads or nag screens and you get definition updates as well as full program updates when they're available, unlike most other programs that only offer definition updates.

wrathchild_67, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program

1. Windows Updates Turn off my Chosen Antivirus Program - Similar Threads - Updates Turn off

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  6. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  7. Antivirus always turned off

Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  8. Antivirus always turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  9. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...