Windows 10: Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

Discus and support Windows updates wreck my installed drivers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RandyRiesterer, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a thumb drive. Plus, it seems Microsoft tires up my computer many more hours than I get to use it.

None of the suggested system modifications work sine the very next update turns them back to their defaults, setting me up for round two!!

Found a solution.... Ubuntu - really a marvelous OS which runs at least three times faster than Windows 10 as well has proven to be FAR more reliable. Plus I get to use MY laptop!!

:)

RandyRiesterer, Jan 21, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

1. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers - Similar Threads - updates wreck installed

2. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrecked my second laptop.: I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still...
  3. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wrecked my second laptop.: I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still...
  4. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  6. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  7. June 2020 update wrecked my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    June 2020 update wrecked my computer: My computer is fairly new, paid quite a bit for it (around £700) and after an update in June, it’s completely totalled my computer. Startup takes about an hour+ and disk usage is at 100%. I disabled sysmain and that worked for a bit but now it’s reverted back to being slow....
  8. windows 10 update wrecked my PC

windows 10 update wrecked my PC: I installed the latest windows 10 upgrade yesterday and it was a disaster When I did the restart – I could not logon to the PC – I kept getting an error message that it could not find my user profile. I tried both password and pin – neither worked. I tried changing...
  9. Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...

Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...: After endless problems with windows update on my 1 year old asus laptup, i decided to give myself a treat last month because it was my birthday: It was the best present i could of given myself: I decided to not allow it to update at all in may so that i could use my computer...
  10. Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fall update wrecked my Surface Pro: After the update, there is no C drive anymore and when I click on My Computer or file explorer, the desktop keeps resetting. Some existing programs don't start anymore and are taken over by the update.. Anyone else this problem? 95716