Windows 10: Windows updates

Discus and support Windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why have Microsoft altered the update system? On XP updates happened and the completed after the auto shutdown. With Win 10 it does the updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Edwards99, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows updates

Why have Microsoft altered the update system? On XP updates happened and the completed after the auto shutdown. With Win 10 it does the updates and the when you reboot the next time you have to wait 15 mins or so while it installs them. This is a great pain! Why cannot windows do all the installation so when I next start my PC to do some work I don't have to wait while "working on updates..."???

:)

Peter Edwards99, Sep 14, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 14, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows updates

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates

1. Windows updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. Location is not available after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location is not available after Windows 10 update: This morning there was a notification that the system was performing an update.After a number of hours the same message was still showing. After a hard reset there is a Location is not available message.C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. The...
  3. WinUpdate breaks Shift-Ctrl-5 and Shift-Ctrl-6. Next update plan - cut 3 and 4. Too much...

WinUpdate breaks Shift-Ctrl-5 and Shift-Ctrl-6. Next update plan - cut 3 and 4. Too much...: Hi all, Thanks to always great Windows 10 Update experience we've lost Shift-Ctrl-5 and Shift-Ctrl-6 (Desktop icons list and Detailed view). Logically - ever less knowledgeable MS programmers are not aware of that function, so they completely missed another of few...
  4. Windows 10 system crashed to no boot after Windows update.

Windows 10 system crashed to no boot after Windows update.: as above ..I have rebooted my computer ..on a restore point.....but when will microsoft repair the download ***Modified Title from: windows not rebooting after latest update***...
  5. How to stop automatic Windows Updates

How to stop automatic Windows Updates: How do I get rid of Windows 10 forever? And what's a good replacement? I'm sick of wanting to throw my computer through the window. Sick of crying. Sometimes I just need to do something quickly on my computer but there's yet another stupid forced update AND my computer is...
  6. How to stop these windows updates

How to stop these windows updates: New to this but how do I stop this every time I shut down my laptop this installs then uninstalls as it cant load? As if I have all the time to wait for this to load and un load. February 12, 2019—KB4487017 (OS Build 17134.590) Applies to: Windows 10, version 1803 Last...
  7. WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI PROBLEMS WITH DISABLING AUTO CONNECT & DRIVER SOFTWARE UPDATES: Hi, Could some please assist me by giving a solution to my problem, A few of my friends have used my computer to connected to other wifi source now i can't seem to get rid of them they are still present even when the connection is not in range as well as all the...
  8. Windows 10 Update: WiFi does not connect . Networks do not show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update: WiFi does not connect . Networks do not show up: I recently updated to windows 10 . After i did , my laptop could not connect to wifi. I thought there was something wrong with my wifi router, however I then realized that the wifi works perfectly fine in my phone and other devices . It just does not connect to my laptop ....
  9. windows 10 october update

windows 10 october update: Is windows 10 october update ready to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-update/cc2188d6-27f8-4e86-9cce-88a0130f9a0e
  10. Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again...

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again...: When I try to install 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4487044) I get the following error: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80073712). I attempted to...