Windows 10: Windows updates

Discus and support Windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why have Microsoft altered the update system? On XP updates happened and the completed after the auto shutdown. With Win 10 it does the updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter Edwards99, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Peter Edwards99 Win User

Windows updates

Why have Microsoft altered the update system? On XP updates happened and the completed after the auto shutdown. With Win 10 it does the updates and the when you reboot the next time you have to wait 15 mins or so while it installs them. This is a great pain! Why cannot windows do all the installation so when I next start my PC to do some work I don't have to wait while "working on updates..."???

:)

Peter Edwards99, Sep 14, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 14, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

Windows updates

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows updates

1. Windows updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. wifi is showing nothing and there is now a driver issues after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi is showing nothing and there is now a driver issues after latest windows update.: just recently i turned my laptop on to do some uni work or whatever and it wasent showing any wireless connections in the area, but the day before it was connecting fine. it just finished a windows update for windows 10 and the intel (R)driver wireless-AC 9560 has not been...
  3. I got the error after updating the windows 10 pro as 0xc004F074 after that i follwed your...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got the error after updating the windows 10 pro as 0xc004F074 after that i follwed your...: [IMG]tell me what to do next in order to activate my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/i-got-the-error-after-updating-the-windows-10-pro/e9a3f837-c28e-4975-af87-d15c61db8080
  4. Flashing dotted line at bottom of screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing dotted line at bottom of screen after Windows 10 update: Recently, Windows updated on my laptop and had no problems.. However, just about 2 days ago, this dotted white just appeared at the bottom of my screen and has been flashing in and out since, as each day goes by, the flashing becomes more and more frequent. I've also noticed...
  5. update Installation

update Installation: why I can't able to install window10 insider Preview 17763.1(rs5-release) after updating windows10version 1803 for x64 based system(KB4464218) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/update-installation/cfb8a920-163f-4586-95e9-a56362e0b552
  6. Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updates: Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347) is taking too long to update even though my internet connection is good and the speed is about 84 Mbps and I havent off my computer ever since I downloaded the update. Please fix the problem...
  7. Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for 64-based Systems (KB4464218)

Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for 64-based Systems (KB4464218): The subject update does not install. It cannot complete the update and is uninstalled by the system. How can I stop it?...
  8. Cannot update email password in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot update email password in Mail app: I have had to change the password for one of my email accounts. I can now access it online but cannot update the password in my Desktop Mail app. The Fix and the Attention needed links no longer offer me the change password option, as they once did. How can I change the...
  9. Office 2016 latest update All inbound emails going to SPAM folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 latest update All inbound emails going to SPAM folder: Hi folks after latest update Office 2016 is putting all my inbound emails into SPAM folder. Doesn't matter if I say never block sender or even delete the spam folder itself (the folder BTW I'm not talking about the contents) . next time email comes in it goes back to spam...
  10. How can COMPLETLY disable windows updates?

How can COMPLETLY disable windows updates?: I dont need updates. Never (its mean - never) I disabled services, deleted from task scheduler, disabled in group polices but then I going away from computer that ***ked windows installed an update and rebooted computer. What I need to do for completly disabled updates?...