Windows 10: windows updates

Discus and support windows updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why is it that when we update, things simply quit working the way they are supposed to? example: the dvd player that came with my computer. it existed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cutrates, May 7, 2019.

1. cutrates Win User

windows updates

why is it that when we update, things simply quit working the way they are supposed to? example: the dvd player that came with my computer. it existed but quit working with the last update; with this latest update, it went completely away. why do that to us? what is the purpose in it? my son did download for a me a free dvd player---please don't take that away... with this update, i have to sign in three million times to get my own **** (files). what is the purpose in that? things worked perfectly before today...why do the updates have to be so completely and utterly frustrating? if you actually answer this question, please do not bother unless you actually have an answer, not some scripted garbage...

thanks

:)

cutrates, May 7, 2019
Thema:

windows updates

1. windows updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. "May 2019 Update" or 1903 is NOW available!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "May 2019 Update" or 1903 is NOW available!: I am now running 1903 & you can, too It was so quick, easy, smooth & painless. Took the for a walk, was done upon our return. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  3. May 1903. How do I receive security updates and pause feature update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May 1903. How do I receive security updates and pause feature update?: I have paused my feature update (1903) however I still want to get my Windows Defender updates. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-1903-how-do-i-receive-security-updates-and/bb787d3d-2d2c-497b-94e0-ed991c1233bd"
  4. Windows 10 may update not appearing

Windows 10 may update not appearing: Hi, yesterday I heard about the may update and installed/downloaded the latest patch. Today I was checking for updating the may update isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-may-update-not-appearing/273cda2e-e660-4320-818f-8981f0561cdb
  5. windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update: the title basically says it all. when i turn on my computer, the contrast is raised slightly- not so much that it would bother some people, but as a graphic designer i can tell immediately. i go to fix it in Display Color Calibration every time. what's really interesting is...
  6. Laptop goes straight into automatic repair mode after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Laptop goes straight into automatic repair mode after Windows 10 May 2019 update: Windows 10 was updated on my laptop on May 15 and it went straight into automatic repair mode as soon as I restarted it and continues to do so. I have exhausted all options offered from the repair options: restart, restore, reset, even restart with the new workaround posted...
  7. Setting update preferences in windows 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting update preferences in windows 1903: Hi there I've just done the update to windows 10 (Pro) 1903 I went to the updates options to see what options i have, and so far as i can tell the controls for targeted updates, and the ability to defer an update for a specified amount of days has gone. I'm aware that i...
  8. May 2019 Update doesn't show new Settings UI

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Update doesn't show new Settings UI: I updated to the May 2019 Update (Win 10 Home) without any issues or receiving any error message. However, when I open Settings it doesn't show the new UI that's supposed to have the user account banner at the top of the window. Instead, mine still looks like it did in the...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Everything you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Everything you need to know: Microsoft has officially kicked off the rollout of Windows 10 May 2019 Update and many users have already upgraded to the new OS. Windows 10 May 2019 Update was actually finalized last month and Microsoft tested the update for another month to address all big issues. It’s...
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements: Microsoft has finally rolled out Windows 10 May 2019 Update to advanced users. and with the first wave of devices receiving the update as we speak. Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 May 2019 Update is only available for users who would like to install it. Any Windows...