Windows 10: Windows updating on battery

Discus and support Windows updating on battery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently when I used my laptop yesterday, I noticed that it was getting extremely hot. I shut it down and did not use it until now. Right off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cory_15, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cory_15 Win User

Windows updating on battery

Hello,

Recently when I used my laptop yesterday, I noticed that it was getting extremely hot. I shut it down and did not use it until now. Right off the bat when I turned it on, I noticed that it immediately got extremely hot and the fan was screaming, also my battery was draining abnormally fast. I open task manager and low and behold windows is updating and taking 85% of my CPU when I'm on battery. Is there a fix for this cause I'd like to know. Thank you

:)

Cory_15, Jan 14, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows updating on battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows updating on battery

Acer battery won't charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows updating on battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows updating on battery

1. Windows updating on battery - Similar Threads - updating battery

2. Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers: I have a lenovo x1 carbon but my battery is not detected so whenever I have my laptop unplugged from the charger, it doesn't turn on. I've uninstalled the battery driver, updated it, updated my laptop but nothing works....
  3. Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers: I have a lenovo x1 carbon but my battery is not detected so whenever I have my laptop unplugged from the charger, it doesn't turn on. I've uninstalled the battery driver, updated it, updated my laptop but nothing works....
  4. Battery Consumption Increase after update to Win-11 from Win-10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Consumption Increase after update to Win-11 from Win-10: I was using Win10 from past 14 months and my laptop DELL Precision 5570 once fully charged used to work for whole day. I used to charge it full in the morning and then no need for charging for remaining day 9-10 hours. Lat week I upgraded to Win-11 and now I have to charge my...
  5. Battery Consumption Increase after update to Win-11 from Win-10

Battery Consumption Increase after update to Win-11 from Win-10: I was using Win10 from past 14 months and my laptop DELL Precision 5570 once fully charged used to work for whole day. I used to charge it full in the morning and then no need for charging for remaining day 9-10 hours. Lat week I upgraded to Win-11 and now I have to charge my...
  6. With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...: I don't see any error messages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-battery-indicator-at-100-on-my-laptop/82164c38-b8ef-41a1-a757-0272f86ede5a
  7. With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...: I don't see any error messages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-battery-indicator-at-100-on-my-laptop/82164c38-b8ef-41a1-a757-0272f86ede5a
  8. With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...

9. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....
  10. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....