Windows 10: Windows updating on battery

Discus and support Windows updating on battery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently when I used my laptop yesterday, I noticed that it was getting extremely hot. I shut it down and did not use it until now. Right off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cory_15, Jan 14, 2020 at 8:32 AM.

1. Cory_15 Win User

Windows updating on battery

Hello,

Recently when I used my laptop yesterday, I noticed that it was getting extremely hot. I shut it down and did not use it until now. Right off the bat when I turned it on, I noticed that it immediately got extremely hot and the fan was screaming, also my battery was draining abnormally fast. I open task manager and low and behold windows is updating and taking 85% of my CPU when I'm on battery. Is there a fix for this cause I'd like to know. Thank you

:)

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows updating on battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Windows updating on battery

Acer battery won't charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows updating on battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Thema:

Windows updating on battery

1. Windows updating on battery - Similar Threads - updating battery

2. Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 battery shows 255% after 1909 update: My surface pro 4 shows 255% battery after update and runs really slow. Ive tried reinstalling drivers and resetting windows. How do I fix this....
  3. please show me step by step how to unisntall which updates are draining my battery.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    please show me step by step how to unisntall which updates are draining my battery.: why is my battery draining so quickly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-show-me-step-by-step-how-to-unisntall-which/dcb1bcbe-2bed-406c-8a58-56aa5dd52b23
  4. Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery: The windows always force me to update my windows 10, but the problem is my laptop battery is dead, and I can't find a replacement since I had no money for it yet. but the windows keep force me to update it, I'm afraid I will unable to use my laptop at all if this keeps...
  5. Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update: Hello. I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since that update the battery is totally dead and will not take a charge. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way...
  6. Thank you Microsoft. My battery life after update 1903. (Laptop came with Windows home so...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thank you Microsoft. My battery life after update 1903. (Laptop came with Windows home so...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ble3azy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dhdglz/thank_you_microsoft_my_battery_life_after_update/
  7. Poor battery life after KB4512508 windows 10 update

Poor battery life after KB4512508 windows 10 update: Hi all, I am using a Microsoft surface pro 5 running Windows 10 1903 build 18362.295, updated on 28/8/2019 after receiving cumulative package KB4512508. Before the update, my battery life typically lasts on the average 5 hours and above. However, immediately after the...
  8. Battery is not detected after an Windows update in my Dell Inspiron 15-3565.

Battery is not detected after an Windows update in my Dell Inspiron 15-3565.: After an windows system update the battery is not detected and shows error, I have consulted an engineer and they also say the same. My laptop is not under warranty and my windows version original and pre-installed from online purchase of laptop so if I re-install I will...
  9. Battery not charging after Windows 10 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging after Windows 10 1903 Update: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, and I've tried solutions posted out there but nothing is working yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-after-windows-10-1903-update/9530cfc4-092a-458a-8e13-a33f0fb4fe29
  10. DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive cannot be detected and battery not charging after update 1903.: My name is Ebenezer and I am using HP Pavilion notebook, windows 10, 64 bits with i7 processor. I recently installed update version 1903 but I cannot detect the DVD drive and battery cannot charge though it is plugged in. Any help...