Windows 10: Windows updating without permission

Discus and support Windows updating without permission in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArielTonks, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Windows updating without permission

Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the auto-recovery didn't even seem to kick in. I just in to a system restart and an "Enjoy your device" from Windows. This is not acceptable. I want to be able to disable auto updates, I want to know what the updates are going to do or not going to do. And I want to know whether or not it will hinder my current usage of the d

:)

ArielTonks, Oct 15, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 15, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows updating without permission :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Windows updating without permission

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Windows updating without permission

1. Windows updating without permission - Similar Threads - updating without permission

2. Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission: I use Windows 10 Pro. All updates are turned off and there are no known permissions for updates. However, some apps photos, calculator and others were recently updated without me knowing or approving. The icons are different and the functionality has changed. This tells me...
  3. Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission: I use Windows 10 Pro. All updates are turned off and there are no known permissions for updates. However, some apps photos, calculator and others were recently updated without me knowing or approving. The icons are different and the functionality has changed. This tells me...
  4. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  5. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  6. Windows updating without permission

Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  7. Automatic Update without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Update without permission: Why did my laptop just initiate a looooong update without my permission?I’m in the middle of completing an assignment. I have limited time because I’m a parent and I work as well as study. I finally have a short amount of time to myself and my computer goes into updates with...
  8. Windows installing without permission?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows installing without permission?: Hello, I bought Forza Horizon 4 when it came out. Then I decided not to play it anymore and deinstalled it. I had to delete the 80GB folder of the base game manually, because the store won't do that for you, if you click on deinstall. This was a few months ago. So far so...
  9. Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update is Downgrading Latest Drivers without Permission: [ATTACH] I have an i5-8500 installed on a Gigabyte B360 D3H rev 1.0 Motherboard (OS- Win 10). When it comes to Graphics Driver, I can install the official latest Intel's UHD 630 Driver with Intel Driver and Support Assistant without any hassle and it...
  10. Windows update without Permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...