Windows 10: Windows Updating

Discus and support Windows Updating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every single time I turn off my computer it starts to update then it undoes the updates. It's really getting annoying, does anyone have a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DogEater694206912, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows Updating

Every single time I turn off my computer it starts to update then it undoes the updates. It's really getting annoying, does anyone have a solution?

submitted by /u/DogEater694206912
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DogEater694206912, Nov 22, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 22, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Windows Updating

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Updating

1. Windows Updating - Similar Threads - Updating

2. Can't use the search in folders after last windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use the search in folders after last windows update.: After the last windows update I've been unable to use the search in the folders. Sometime it would work sometimes it doesn't and when it does, it doesn't do the search automatically, I have to now press enter to start it. can anyone help me in sorting this out. Thanks...
  3. How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to recognise whether messages saying: "Click here to Update your system" are genuine or...: Yesterday, Dec 4, I received a message purportedly from Microsoft asking permission to update my system, which I gave. When I opened up my laptop again today, there were those usual messages "installing update 30 of ..." or something along those lines. Tonight, I...
  4. Install an Earlier Version as Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install an Earlier Version as Update: Is there a way to roll back W10 as an update after Go back to an earlier build is not available anymore? Without having to reinstall and setup everything again. Thank you. submitted by /u/antonioat8 [link] [comments]...
  5. about windws update and usb joystick drivers loss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    about windws update and usb joystick drivers loss: my usb joystick drivers are lost every time i reboot my pc . this problem occurred after recent cumulative updates. windows 10 pro. please help me if you see that...
  6. Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or...

Problems with Windows 10 needing to update extremely often, and causing stuttering and/or...: So I recently got a new gaming PC. Installed Windows 10 Pro and used this method to activate windows. Every now and then I experience stuttering with playing audio/video, mouse cursor movement, scrolling, etc and/or disconnections from my network. I have discovered that...
  7. Windows update causing slow/non existent wifi

Windows update causing slow/non existent wifi: A week ago I got, what I presume was the 1909 update given it is the most recent, and ever since then I have had little (kbps at most) to no internet via wifi on only my computer. Wifi works fine if I switch back to iOS. I'm running win10 off through bootcamp on mac. For the...
  8. Unable to update windows. Update gets stuck at 61% every time. This is happening since a...

Unable to update windows. Update gets stuck at 61% every time. This is happening since a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Teja1821 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6m85k/unable_to_update_windows_update_gets_stuck_at_61/
  9. Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update disappears all local device, regional settings and email accounts: Since a Windows 10 update about a month ago all settings (local and regional) , configs and email accounts are deleted and need to be redone. Since this time any applications and drivers that are installed initiate the same problem. I have had to redo all these and re- add...
  10. Windows Audio is missing after update to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio is missing after update to 1909: Currently I use windows 10 on my pc and after my most recent update to version 1909 my sound has stopped working. There is x icon in the audio icon and said that The audio service is not running. I try check in services.msc but can't find Windows Audio service there. There...