Windows 10: Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

Discus and support Windows Upgrade breaks functionality in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ares79T, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Ares79T Win User

Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display.
    Here is what I tried:

-Meddling with the display settings (like changing the resolution even though it was at recommended level to begin with)
    -updating the graphics driver (already up to date)

-installed the latest cumulative update
    I also came to notice some drivers and hardware information had changed, for example:

-processor appears of AMD type while it is actually intel, also previously 2.7+GHz now is displayed as 2.8GHz.

-Display adapter is now "Windows Basic Display Driver" which I don't remember being the case pre-upgrade

Next I plan to revert to windows 7 and don't know where I'll go from there.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Ares79T, Nov 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 10, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality - Similar Threads - Upgrade breaks functionality

2. Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.: Both the clipboard and drag and drop will break at random times, and across all applications. Restarting the computer fixes it, but I want to find a way to fix it without having to pause all my work, restart, and reopen everything, just for an hour or two of work time.The...
  3. Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.: Both the clipboard and drag and drop will break at random times, and across all applications. Restarting the computer fixes it, but I want to find a way to fix it without having to pause all my work, restart, and reopen everything, just for an hour or two of work time.The...
  4. Clipboard + drag and drop functionality randomly breaking.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Organization Managed Settings Breaking Functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization Managed Settings Breaking Functionality: This issue has just occurred out of the blue, no new software or system updates but my microphone suddenly stopped working and I found out is is because the microphone privacy settings the ones allowing apps to use it or not are all "hidden or managed by your organization"...
  6. Organization Managed Settings Breaking Functionality

Organization Managed Settings Breaking Functionality: This issue has just occurred out of the blue, no new software or system updates but my microphone suddenly stopped working and I found out is is because the microphone privacy settings the ones allowing apps to use it or not are all "hidden or managed by your organization"...
  7. Organization Managed Settings Breaking Functionality

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows update adds "Bluetooth USB", breaks functionality.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update adds "Bluetooth USB", breaks functionality.: Hello all,My PC recentlyish updated and since my USB Bluetooth dongle has stopped working. Diving into Device Manger I noticed a new "Bluetooth USB" section for my BlueSoleil Bluetooth Driver beneath the familiar "Bluetooth" section where my dongle used to live along with the...
  9. Latest Windows Update breaks security and functionality of Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update breaks security and functionality of Windows.: After recently installing the latest Windows Update I noticed that several normally hidden folders and files were no longer hidden even though "hidden files" option is not selected. Several taskbar options no longer function as normal like Network icon, sound, Cortana, and...
  10. Upgrade breaks SanDisk ReadyCache.....

Upgrade breaks SanDisk ReadyCache.....: I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 update 1 to Windows 10 Pro and in the upgrade process it seemed to break the ReadyCache software and firmware. I can't un-install it so I can't re-install it *Eek. When I try and un-install it comes up with the error code 1603 which is...