Windows 10: Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

Discus and support Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, one of my applications is running as a service started from the SYSTEM-user and was using OpenGL before without any problems. No I have problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marco Dennstädt, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

Hi,

one of my applications is running as a service started from the SYSTEM-user and was using OpenGL before without any problems. No I have problems on machines that have Windows Version 1903 - A regular Deskop User gets an opengl-context without any problems, but the SYSTEM-user only gets opengl version 1.1.

Is there any workaround for this problem?

I already tried the following:

• Reinstall drivers
    • Purge and reinstall driver
    • Set "interactive" flag for windows service

Monitor is attached and a user is logged in.

:)

Marco Dennstädt, Jan 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 not supporting OpenGL

Hi, recently as I've upgraded to Windows 10 my Minecraft PC ediiton has experniced the error for OpenGL which Minecraft depends on to run, when I was on the Windows 7 version in the past I've never experienced this error. I've updated all my drives and there
    up to date and tried to fix the problem but it still occurs so I've thought of it and suggested that it's a error from Windows 10 it's self I've lately seen other people experience the same error with other games in Windows 10 using OpenGL.

Drive: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Microsoftforlife, Jan 9, 2020
  3. natr0n Win User
    Quantum Break is coming to Steam, Windows 7 supported and boxed retail.

"We have confirmed with Remedy that the Steam version of Quantum Break will support Windows 7, meaning that the game will support DirectX 11, and will not be a UWP game. "

Below are the PC system requirements for the Steam version of Quantum Break.

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 68 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 4690, 3.9GHz or AMD equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 68 GB available space
    Special Edition of Quantum Break for PC Hitting Retail and Steam on September 14 - Xbox Wire
    Quantum Break is coming to Steam

natr0n, Jan 9, 2020
  4. x01r Win User

Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User :D

x01r, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

1. Windows Upgrade breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User - Similar Threads - Upgrade breaks OpenGL

2. my drivers dont support OpenGL?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my drivers dont support OpenGL?: ok so long-story short. My laptop broke and now I am using my sisters laptop, I tried to run Tlauncher minecraft on it but when I do it says "GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you have up-to-date divers see aka.ms/mcdriver...
  3. my drivers dont support OpenGL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my drivers dont support OpenGL?: ok so long-story short. My laptop broke and now I am using my sisters laptop, I tried to run Tlauncher minecraft on it but when I do it says "GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you have up-to-date divers see aka.ms/mcdriver...
  4. My PC doesnt support OpenGL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesnt support OpenGL: My pc doesnt support opengl, what do i do to fix this? my pc is a windows 7 professional upgraded to windows 10 with a intel hd graphics 3000 and i have no GPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-doesnt-support-opengl/05f3567d-56b9-438f-943a-78c789aa756e
  5. My PC doesnt support OpenGL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesnt support OpenGL: My pc doesnt support opengl, what do i do to fix this? my pc is a windows 7 professional upgraded to windows 10 with a intel hd graphics 3000 and i have no GPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-doesnt-support-opengl/05f3567d-56b9-438f-943a-78c789aa756e
  6. Driver does not appear to support OpenGL

Driver does not appear to support OpenGL: How do I get the driver to support opengl?Info:IntelR HD Graphics 2000 Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro10.0.18363 DirectX* Version: 11.0 Physical Memory: 3984 MB Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz Processor Speed: 3093 MHz *...
  7. Minecraft OpenGL error on windows 10, Driver does not support OpenGL.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft OpenGL error on windows 10, Driver does not support OpenGL.: I went onto Minecraft and loaded the launcher but as soon as it exits the start page to bring the launcher it shows me an error that says "GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL. Please make sure you have up-to-date drivers see aka.ms/mcdriver for...
  8. Minecraft OpenGL error on windows 10, Driver does not support OpenGL.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft OpenGL error on windows 10, Driver does not support OpenGL.: I loved to play Minecraft: Java edition on my Windows 7 32-bit and I recently decided to upgrade to Windows 10 free download 64-bit since I had a x64 based processor. I went onto Minecraft and loaded the launcher but as soon as it exits the start page to bring the launcher it...
  9. Not supporting OpenGL

Not supporting OpenGL: At 3:52, 23rd of March 2020, my Minecraft crashed. After that whenever I tried to restart it the result is "GLFW error 65542". It says that my driver does not support OpenGL but I had been playing Minecraft for a long time and I had not updated the driver at all. I checked...
  10. Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User: Hi, one of my applications is running as a service started from the SYSTEM-user and was using OpenGL before without any problems. No I have problems on machines that have Windows Version 1903 - A regular Deskop User gets an opengl-context without any problems, but the...