Windows 10: Windows upgrade even fresh install failing

Discus and support Windows upgrade even fresh install failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have Dell Inspiron N5010 and I had Windows 7 without SP1. I created the USB boot disk by using the "Create Windows 10 installation media"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sadguru Bhat, May 4, 2020.

1. Windows upgrade even fresh install failing

Hi Team,

I have Dell Inspiron N5010 and I had Windows 7 without SP1. I created the USB boot disk by using the "Create Windows 10 installation media" microsoft tool. I booted the laptop with that USB, selected second option clean install and went through the installation process. After first boot it prompted me to either boot using windows 10 or windows 7. I selected Windows 10. But after sometime it gave me error as shown below.

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation"

I tried installing multiple times but it fails with same message and now it shows 3 windows 10 and 1 windows 7 boot label.

Please help.

Regards,
    Sadguru

:)

Sadguru Bhat, May 4, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2020
  4. Windows upgrade even fresh install failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows upgrade even fresh install failing

1. Windows upgrade even fresh install failing - Similar Threads - upgrade fresh install

2. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  3. BSOD even with fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD even with fresh Windows install: Hello,I am getting a BSOD with 0x3B and 0x139 even with fresh Windows 10 and Windows 11 install from the MS media creation tool USB.when I use sfc /scannow it shows:C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning...
  4. BSOD even with fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD even with fresh Windows install: Hello,I am getting a BSOD with 0x3B and 0x139 even with fresh Windows 10 and Windows 11 install from the MS media creation tool USB.when I use sfc /scannow it shows:C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning...
  5. BSOD even with fresh Windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Consistent BSOD, even on fresh install of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD, even on fresh install of Windows.: This might be a little lengthy, so sorry in advance.I recently upgraded all of the hardware in my computer except for my hard drives, and pretty much couldn't run anything on it without a BSOD.Ultimately, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows, and that worked for a...
  7. Feature Update 20H2 fails even after fresh 1909 install

Feature Update 20H2 fails even after fresh 1909 install: Hello, For the entirity of last night I've been trying to update to 20h2 from 1909. I have tried the solutions from all the answers that are circling around including: Stopping bits, crypto and wupdate services, clearing up software distributions folder etc. Updating all...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  9. BSOD’s even with fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD’s even with fresh windows install: Hi all! I’ve spent the last 3 days trying to fix my pc, re-Installing windows over 3 times, updating all drivers, checking my ram etc etc. Trying to fix these damn reboots. I clean install windows and I get BSOD’s nearly straight after I get into it, even sometimes during...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...