Windows 10: Windows Upgrade from Win 7

Discus and support Windows Upgrade from Win 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back in November last year I, after much pestering and MS giving me new upgrade software about 18 months before that, I finally upgraded from Win 7 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyCooper6, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Windows Upgrade from Win 7

Back in November last year I, after much pestering and MS giving me new upgrade software about 18 months before that, I finally upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My win 7 software was Win 7 professional boxed NEW with product key and was loaded on my computer Jan/Feb 2006 and has never let me down. I also installed at that time MS Office 2003 which I had on my previous computer whilst living in Florida USA. I only used it basically for Word and Excel.

My upgrade went reasonably well but many things did not work Email ect. I enlisted the services of one of your help desks and they took over my computer from the Phillopeans and while I slept they sorted it all out for me which cost me about £120. And it worked very well, It even picked up my old 2003 Excel accounts files and my old Word files and allowed me to work with them as I used to. On small problem on Excel was a date which insisted I typed it in Month/Day/Year and then it would show it as I wanted it as Day/Month/Year, I did check the set up and it was correct for English layout but insisted in US entry format, anyway I could cope with that.

However days ago I tried to go into my accounts and it picked up the New Excel to display my account and then would not let me use it. I then tried a letter which I had written in Word 2003 the day before and it displayed that on the New Work and the layout was screwed up, and it would not let me modify it. At the top of page, well about four lines down it said it was not activated, so I tried to activate it and it asked me for my Product key. I dug out the key I had for my Win 7 which I assumed it must have used for the last 7 months and entered it but it it is saying that is the wrong key, tried the same on Excel and it repeated it Activation Message and again I entered the same key and it does nothing.

On checking my Office 2003 files I find they are missing completely and even the Office directory has gone.

It looks like it has done an update and removed my files, Certainly not very conveniently and without notification to me at all. On Sunday 12th April they were there an Monday 13 they were gone. I am the only person who has access to my office which is in my home, I switch the computer off every night and on again the next morning if I intend to use it. Please help I don't need much but I do need my computer to work as did Win 7 for 20 years. Ta!!!

Many thanks Tony Cooper

:)

AnthonyCooper6, Apr 14, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Apr 14, 2020
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Windows Upgrade from Win 7

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Upgrade from Win 7

1. Windows Upgrade from Win 7 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but the PC health check states, "The processor isn't currently supported for windows 11." However, the processor appears in the list of Microsoft Windows 10 22H2 Supported Intel Processors. How can this be that I cannot upgrade if my...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  9. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  10. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...