Windows 10: Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300

Discus and support Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After successful update on 3 notebooks I am trying to update Windows 10 on a Desktop using the Update Assistant and ran into this error below:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mobileuser, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300

After successful update on 3 notebooks I am trying to update Windows 10 on a Desktop using the Update Assistant and ran into this error below:

0x8007001F – 0x300D
    The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

My configuration:
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Kaspersky Internet Security
    • C: Drive for System on a Samsung 950 Pro SSD (M.2 NVMe, PCI Express 3.0)
    • 4 Disks of which D: is the user Disk the others are storage, games and backup
    • 3 users
    - Administrator on C: \Users\Administrator\
    - User1 and User 2 on D:\Users\User X\ with Changes made to registry to redirect users to D:

Windows 10 is on an ISO CD May 2019 version https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/soft...load/windows10

What have I tried so far:
    - sfc /scannow no error
    - chkdsk /x /f /r no error
    - de-installed Kaspersky same error, no upgrade to win10
    - tried win10 install with get new Updates and tried without network connection to avoid updates, no success
    - deleted both users and their profiles and kept only Administrator no success
    - all drivers and BIOS updated
    - all unnecessary devices BT/USB/Audio are disabled or physically disconnected

What do the logfiles tell you? Where could I find the root cause for the failure?
    It occurs at about 64% of the installation after first step reboot then reverting to Windows 7 Ultimate. Attached are the log files..generated by SetupDiag.exe. Any Clue what the Issue is???

I found a few entries in this forum related to 0x8007001F but none with the combination of 0x8007001F – 0x300D

Any thoughts?? I spent hours with no result and would appreciate constructive guidance

:)

mobileuser, Jul 30, 2019
  2. langy59 Win User

Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 upgrade

Since 29/07/15 I am getting Win 10 update failed (now 31/07/15).

I have tried all fixes I can find but still no luck. Has the Win10 upgrade for Win7 ultimate been made available yet or has anyone managed to have a fix that will work.

Cheers

langy59, Jul 30, 2019
  3. pstoric Win User
    Win 7 to 10 0x8007001F upgrade error

I have user that I've attempted to upgrade to Windows 10 but it failed with error0x8007001F. To date, I've upgraded at least 200 machines and counting using the same steps and haven't had a problem. All of them are Dell Optiplex models that support Windows 10. Steps I've taken so far are :

CHKDSK C: /F
    Remove and re-install audio driver (suggested by Googling)
    ESET Antivirus removed
    also tried running as local admin account but no luck

I did notice that he has a strange empty E: partition that was created when I used AOMEI Backupper to clone him to SSD a while back. There seems to be nothing on the E:\ but it appears as a primary partition. Can I use partition software to remove it safely? It's the only thing that stands out to that would be different from all the other computers. Any ideas? Any logs I can check for details as to what may have caused the upgrade to fail?

Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300 [​IMG]

Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300 [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

AOMEI got back to me and it looks like that E: is safe to remove as that PC is still MBR

"Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.According to the screenshot, it seems that the E drive was an EFI partition from your source PC, it is a very important partition for a bootable UEFI system.
    and normally it is a hidden partition on the windows system.
    but during the cloning process, this EFI partition lost its job as your target disk is MBR type, the role of EFI is replaced by System reserved partition( in your case, it is the RECOVERY partition) or just the C partition.

AOMEI Backupper fails to recognize it too after the clone ( it is a bug), so it reveals its hidden property, and assign a drive letter for it.
    Based on your case, you can just delete it, or unhide it by deleting the drive letter under Disk Management."

pstoric, Jul 30, 2019
  4. FrankPJr Win User

Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300

Perform upgrade to win7 ultimate OEM copy to Win 10 pro but keep using Win7 Ultimate, Win 8.1 and New Win 10 in triple boot

This is my question I have and what I would like to do:

I have a self built computer that I bought OEM version of Windows 7 ultimate and then upgraded to large SSD drive and then bought OEM Win8.1 pro and is in a dual boot setup. I currently use Win 8.1 but really miss my Win7 install as it has all my programs
    and installs that I really would like to upgrade to Win 10 Pro but I want to keep win 7 install and also Win 8.1 install after I "upgrade" to Win 10. If I purchased the win 10 pro upgrade USB retail, cloned my win7 install to another hard drive on the same
    computer and use the Upgrade Win10 USB to upgrade "cloned" win 7 install to win 10 would I have a license to all 3 products?

I do not want to do the "free" upgrade as that would then make the win7 ultimate no longer valid but I do have an unused win7 pro license that I never used but is it even possible to "downgrade a valid install to achieve my end result? I am hoping to have
    a valid 3 installs and could continue to use then all 3 operating systems in triple boot fashion. (I did that with win 3.1, win98 and winxp). What would be the best way to upgrade to win10 but not have to reinstall all my programs in win10 or program install
    or custom settings to win7 install and have 3 valid install with licenses?

FrankPJr, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300

1. Windows Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 causes 0x8007001F – 0x300 - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win7 Ultimate

2. In place upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 length

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In place upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 length: I started an in place install of Win 10 Home onto a pc running Win 7 Pro + 8GB RAM. For the past two hours it's been checking the pc. Is this normal? Options?...
  3. Upgrade from Win7 fails - error 'Replicate_OC' 0x8007001F

Upgrade from Win7 fails - error 'Replicate_OC' 0x8007001F: HI GUYS! ( Long time no speak! *Smile ) I spent a LOOONG day at work some time ago trying to upgrade a Win 7 Pro machine (Lenovo desktop). The machine was delivered with the standard downgradable package and I installed Win 7 Pro, since it would have been the only Win10...
  4. Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have had my desktop upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. I cannot connect to the internet now. I use Satellite NBN. Also use a wireless router for the laptop. Laptop connects fine also running W10 I have direct connected to BB modem with ethernet cable shows...
  5. Cannot upgrade to WIN 10 from WIN7 sp1

Cannot upgrade to WIN 10 from WIN7 sp1: Hi All, I have tried to upgrade from 7 to 10 at least 6 times and in every instance I get "The Installation failed in SAFE_OS Phase with an error during Replicate_OC operation 0x8007001f - 0x20006" then it reverts to back to 7. (To be clear, the install goes to the very end...
  6. Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.

Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.: Install completes to 100% and fails at last hurdle with error C1900101-20017. Lots of ideas on internet to resolve which I've done but still does not upgrade. Following updates fail KB3075226 and KB2952664. s there a magic solution I can use?...
  7. Win 10 upgrade error - 0x8007001F - 0x200006

Win 10 upgrade error - 0x8007001F - 0x200006: I've bought Windows 10 through the Microsoft site but received an error code when trying to update from Win 7: 0x8007001F - 0x200006 I've run the update troubleshooter, which instead gave 0x80070490. I ran the CSUR script as recommended elsewhere on this site, which...
  8. New upgrade from win7 to win 10 1809

New upgrade from win7 to win 10 1809: Can any tell me what this is. Never happened on any other upgrade. [img] 132506
  9. Win 7 to 10 0x8007001F upgrade error

Win 7 to 10 0x8007001F upgrade error: I have user that I've attempted to upgrade to Windows 10 but it failed with error0x8007001F. To date, I've upgraded at least 200 machines and counting using the same steps and haven't had a problem. All of them are Dell Optiplex models that support Windows 10. Steps I've...
  10. Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure

Upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 failure: When using a genuine Microsoft supplied flash drive to upgrade from a registered version of Win 7 Pro All updates checked and installed, starts "checking system" process then generates error message: "Setup has failed to validate the product key" Can not do clean install...
Tags: