Windows 10: windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.

Discus and support windows upgrade has not worked since 2018. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an older desktop which works very well for my needs. Since 2018 Microsoft has attempted to auto-install updates/upgrades with no success. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ralph Lawrence_223, Nov 23, 2020.

1. windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.

I have an older desktop which works very well for my needs. Since 2018 Microsoft has attempted to auto-install updates/upgrades with no success. When it arrives at 60% complete it quits and reverses the items deemed current needs. So my PC is immobilized for two + hours. This has occurred probably 20 times since the 2018 auto update began. I've gotten along fine without the unsolicited fixes. I currently pay for and use Microsoft 365. Anything I can fix?

My patience is gone.

RLawrence

:)

Ralph Lawrence_223, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.

1. windows upgrade has not worked since 2018. - Similar Threads - upgrade has worked

2. Xbox controller not working since Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not working since Windows 11 upgrade: Hi all,Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my Xbox controller is no longer working. It is a 3rd party controller that still works on other computers but not my main one. I tried looking this issue up but didn't really find much on it. Attached will also be an image of what...
  3. Xbox controller not working since Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller not working since Windows 11 upgrade: Hi all,Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my Xbox controller is no longer working. It is a 3rd party controller that still works on other computers but not my main one. I tried looking this issue up but didn't really find much on it. Attached will also be an image of what...
  4. "End" key not working since upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "End" key not working since upgrade: I've been facing this problem on windows 10 pro since the last windows upgrade.End key doesn't have any sense, but any other hot keys including Home button work as well.- All drivers are up to date.- Tested in several applications and got the same result.- I have a virtual...
  5. Secondary monitor not working since upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor not working since upgrade to windows 10: Recently "upgraded" my pc to windows 10 from 7 after hardware change. Since upgrading, my secondary monitor does not work. Monitor says no cable connected, device manager events say "device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match". Windows and NVIDIA both recognise the...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015: Dear Community, We have a Windows 7 Home Premium file server pc that hasn't been upgraded to Windows 10. Every upgrade failed since 8/6/ 2015 giving error 80240020. I'm currently transferring files and programs from the 7 pc to a new 10 pc using PCMover pro. I'd like to...
  7. 1803 update has been failing since May 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 update has been failing since May 2018: My wife has an ASUS laptop that she will, on a scattershot basis, let me know is misbehaving. Usually when I then get under the hood there are other problems, and it's farther downstream than optimal - even too late to try a system restore. In this case, she was complaining...
  8. upgrade oktober 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade oktober 2018: HI! What's the situation of winver1809, oktober upgrade? Is it now efficient ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-oktober-2018/45022bbf-a17b-4cfb-b9be-6a2d21d69d6c
  9. Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade: Hmm, we can't reach this page. Try this Make sure you’ve got the right web address: This has been the message, I've gotten ever since trying to use Microsoft Edge, any suggestions? 43318
  10. Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T400. Prior to the upgrade I was able to middle click to open links in a new tab, close tabs, and scroll however now when I middle click it instead brings me to "Trackpoint scrolling tips" I have tried...