Windows 10: Windows upgrade has stopped my printer

Discus and support Windows upgrade has stopped my printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brother MFC 240C has stopped printing. Brother said it's a Microsoft Update that has caused the issue. Need Help [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacShaw, Jun 18, 2020.

1. MacShaw Win User

Windows upgrade has stopped my printer

Brother MFC 240C has stopped printing. Brother said it's a Microsoft Update that has caused the issue.

Need Help Windows upgrade has stopped my printer 1873ac79-2f09-473f-9e43-85d0ad1dcb91?upload=true.jpg

:)

MacShaw, Jun 18, 2020

2. Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Post Windows 10 upgrade- No PDF printer

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Did you install the printer after upgrading to Windows 10?

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

Adobe Acrobat Learn & Support

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Windows upgrade has stopped my printer

Lexmark X6575 Printer stopped working after upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Is the issue specific to printing Microsoft Office Documents or you are unable to print webpages also?

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist please refer to below steps.

Method 1: Start Printer Service.

Follow the steps provided.

a. Press Windows key + R and type
    services.msc in the search field and press enter.

b. In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.

c. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.

e. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer.

Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

f. Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

If the issue still persist please refer to below steps.

Method 2: Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service.

Follow the steps provided.

1. Press Windows key + R and type
    services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.

2. Scroll down toPrint spooler.

3. Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies

4. Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

I also suggest you to refer to the article “Error opening Office documents after upgrading to Windows 10” follow the steps and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3086786

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows upgrade has stopped my printer

1. Windows upgrade has stopped my printer - Similar Threads - upgrade has stopped

2. My Epsom printer has suddenly stopped responding through my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Epsom printer has suddenly stopped responding through my computer: my Epsom printer has suddenly stopped working thrrough my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epsom-printer-has-suddenly-stopped-responding/2d40baf4-fdc2-4e04-9e99-373783f1f114
  3. My Epsom printer has suddenly stopped responding through my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Epsom printer has suddenly stopped responding through my computer: my Epsom printer has suddenly stopped working thrrough my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epsom-printer-has-suddenly-stopped-responding/2d40baf4-fdc2-4e04-9e99-373783f1f114
  4. my hp printer has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my hp printer has stopped working: Hp 551 stopped working recently. It's going on all the other pcs here, not this one. I've uninstalled it, biffed the driver and started again repeatedly. Cant find Kb4557957 and kb 4560690 which is recommended to uninstal. What to do? Grateful for any ideas...
  5. Laptop has stopped connecting to Canon printer

Laptop has stopped connecting to Canon printer: My laptop will no longer print from my printer. It used to work, and then spontaneously stopped, saying that the printer was offline, even when it was switched on. I can still print from my tablet, so it's clearly a laptop problem. I have disconnected and reconnected the...
  6. Is there a fix for the printer driver that has stopped my Brother Printer

Is there a fix for the printer driver that has stopped my Brother Printer: Since the update this weekend, my Brother DCP-330C has stopped working. Removing and reinstalling did not work. I tested the printer on a laptop and it works fine. The update has corrupted the driver. Is there a fix?...
  7. Latest Update has stopped my printer from printing

Latest Update has stopped my printer from printing: As per the title, my desktop Windows 10 64bit system installed an update last night and as of this morning, I can no longer print anything to my Brother DCP-300C printer. The printer shows as available and working in the 'Printers' section but when I send anything to print,...
  8. Printer stopped printer

Printer stopped printer: My Brother MFC L2720DW printer stopped printing and show as "offline" How do I change it to "online"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-printer/58012513-1369-421d-92f2-5ff9a1abdae1
  9. computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer

computer has stopped wireless communication with the printer: My desktop computer and printer were working fine wirelessly a few weeks ago until something occurred, possibly a win. upgrade, at which time the computer would not recognize the printer. There is a laptop also on the Wi-Fi network and after the problem with the desktop, I...
  10. Why has my printer suddenly stopped working and in an error state

Why has my printer suddenly stopped working and in an error state: Why has my printer suddenly stopped working and in an error state. Its windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/why-has-my-printer-suddenly-stopped-working-and-in/48d13c91-dfcb-4088-ab41-e36b657ae37b