Windows 10: Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

Discus and support Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there. I was just wondering if the windows upgrade log files that are brought up in disk clean-up are safe to delete. Mine is currently taking up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AngieSinnwell, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

Hello there. I was just wondering if the windows upgrade log files that are brought up in disk clean-up are safe to delete. Mine is currently taking up 211 MB of space on my hard drive, but I've been worried about deleting them as I don't know if doing so will mess up my system.

:)

AngieSinnwell, Feb 21, 2022
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 21, 2022
  4. temp02 Win User

Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

1. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete? - Similar Threads - Upgrade log files

2. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files safe to delete?: In my "Other People" tab, it says this is using nearly 80GB of my C Drive Storage, so I navigated to my Users folder only to find THOUSANDS of folders, are these safe to delete? They seem to be created each time I log in to my system, and hold absolutely nothing of value, yet...
  3. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these files safe to delete?: In my "Other People" tab, it says this is using nearly 80GB of my C Drive Storage, so I navigated to my Users folder only to find THOUSANDS of folders, are these safe to delete? They seem to be created each time I log in to my system, and hold absolutely nothing of value, yet...
  4. Are these files safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?: Hello there. I was just wondering if the windows upgrade log files that are brought up in disk clean-up are safe to delete. Mine is currently taking up 211 MB of space on my hard drive, but I've been worried about deleting them as I don't know if doing so will mess up my...
  6. Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Upgrade log files: safe to delete?: Hello there. I was just wondering if the windows upgrade log files that are brought up in disk clean-up are safe to delete. Mine is currently taking up 211 MB of space on my hard drive, but I've been worried about deleting them as I don't know if doing so will mess up my...
  7. .mrec files - is it safe to delete these.

.mrec files - is it safe to delete these.: I have over 40 gigs of .mrec files going back a number of years. They seem to be something to do with screen capture by something called mscproj. Is it safe to delete these....
  8. Is It safe to delete ,"clog" files

Is It safe to delete ,"clog" files: Is It safe to delete ,"clog" files. The game "War Thunder" uses them and I'm getting knock of of their server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-clog-files/aa6424c5-5603-4f95-9c8f-033f2bef24d5
  9. Windows upgrade log files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgrade log files: Where can I find the upgrade log files? I have an empty space on my start page. I would like to know what was deleted. 109219
  10. Safe to delete these folders and file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders and file?: Doing a little house cleaning today and I ran across two folders and a file that I believe can be safely deleted. The folders are empty and the file is 0 bytes. Can I safely delete them? [img] 76096