Windows 10: Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

Discus and support Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,My system has become horribly unstable after the most recent update, so I am going to try a repair upgrade. I originally had Windows 10, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesBohling, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

Hi,My system has become horribly unstable after the most recent update, so I am going to try a repair upgrade. I originally had Windows 10, but upgraded to Windows 11. Which Media Tool do I need to download? Do I do this with Windows 10 that has the original key, or with the upgrade?Thank you.

:)

JamesBohling, Sep 16, 2022

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 16, 2022
  3. SeanMaier Win User
    Media Creation Tool Failed

First of all it’s a desktop, two I can’t even get to the OS (clean SSD, USB tool)

I have already exhausted all the garden variety troubleshooting steps listed for the various errors I have received so far.

None of them were particularly helpful for cases where can get into the OS or open the media creation tool…

POST --> F12 --> Boot Menu --> Win10 Pro 64bit Media creation tool --> Enter --> Loads --> POST’s --> Blue Screen*

*(3 out of 4 errors, 1962 is just a lack of OS on drive)

I'm thinking its an bad system board

PS I'm a computer repair tech

SeanMaier, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Seb.05 Win User

Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

Media Creation Tool

Microsoft determined my Toshiba machine could be successfully upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

I was going to use the Media Creation Tool to either do an automatic repair or failing that perform a restore. Not a clean install.

Seb.05, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

1. Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Repair WIn10

2. Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Upgrade Repair WIn10 or Win11 Media Creation Tool?: Hi,My system has become horribly unstable after the most recent update, so I am going to try a repair upgrade. I originally had Windows 10, but upgraded to Windows 11. Which Media Tool do I need to download? Do I do this with Windows 10 that has the original key, or with the...
  3. Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise OS to Windows 10 Home and bought the new OS and downloaded the .exe file. I also downloaded the installation tool that Microsoft recommended but when I try upgrading my PC, I'm given the error "The language or edition of the...
  4. Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise OS to Windows 10 Home and bought the new OS and downloaded the .exe file. I also downloaded the installation tool that Microsoft recommended but when I try upgrading my PC, I'm given the error "The language or edition of the...
  5. Media Creation Tool Windows upgrade error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place Upgrade / Media Creation Tool: Hi AllI was able to successfully use In Place Upgrade Media Creation Tool choosing the option of keeping personal files and applications to upgrade to the latest version 21h1 of Windows 10 this May. However I was still having security update issue even after a freshly...
  7. Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10: So after the recent windows 10 update, my computer is getting slow boot times, and the boot log says that wimmount.sys, WdFilter.sys, NDProxy.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys are not loaded. I tried sfc /scannow but the error message says "windows resource protection could not start the...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.: Hey guys! Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which already has windows 10 pre-installed and on my laptop I created an ISO file using the media creation tool and saved it on my...
  9. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...