Windows 10: Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

Discus and support Windows upgrade screwed up my computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Things that were of no interest to Microsoft were changed. Fonts, colors etc. Now I have to go back and change all of this sh*t, wasting my time. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveBowder, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

Things that were of no interest to Microsoft were changed. Fonts, colors etc. Now I have to go back and change all of this sh*t, wasting my time. The biggest issue is the desktop screen is now zoomed in to the point I can't see the control buttons on the monitor/screen. How do I readjust this bullsh*t? I have searched the 'display' setting and nothing applies to desktop view.

:)

SteveBowder, Feb 20, 2020

2. Outlook, Windows update screwed my computer

Hi Bennie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• When you set up the account, did you create a local account or Microsoft account?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to login?

I suggest you to check if you have activated two step verification for your account. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Also check if the Windows Update was successfully installed on your computer.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on Update and Security.
    • Under Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options
    • Click on View update history and check if the update is installed properly.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

1. Windows upgrade screwed up my computer. - Similar Threads - upgrade screwed computer

2. Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!: So, I was having a lot of issues with windows before... but now I'm having more problems. I kept getting black screens on load up so I did a reset with the ISO option. Now, my computer is showing that I am not connected even though I can use the internet just fine with...
  3. Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows factory reset screwed up my computer!: So, I was having a lot of issues with windows before... but now I'm having more problems. I kept getting black screens on load up so I did a reset with the ISO option. Now, my computer is showing that I am not connected even though I can use the internet just fine with...
  4. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screwed Up Windows 11: Hi, I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7ThxRsEgQ&t=72s and it really screwed up my PC. I can't search my files, my explorer doesn't work, and my taskbar is screwed up. My whole PC is screwed up. Can anyone help with the fix?Thank you...
  5. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

Computer Screwed Up Windows 11: Hi, I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7ThxRsEgQ&t=72s and it really screwed up my PC. I can't search my files, my explorer doesn't work, and my taskbar is screwed up. My whole PC is screwed up. Can anyone help with the fix?Thank you...
  6. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

8. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  9. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  10. Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.: Here is proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-computer/e5b3362c-86f9-4742-8bd0-8b4f43dad2a1