Windows 10: Windows upgraded for free but did not activate

Discus and support Windows upgraded for free but did not activate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The windows upgraded for free but now it will not activate it for us. No we did not buy new one. It was one of those automatic updates for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EminaJ, Nov 12, 2020.

1. EminaJ Win User

Windows upgraded for free but did not activate

Hello,

The windows upgraded for free but now it will not activate it for us. No we did not buy new one. It was one of those automatic updates for windows.

How do I activate it? It will not let me go back to the other version as its been over 10 days.

Thank you,

Emina

:)

EminaJ, Nov 12, 2020

2. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 12, 2020
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows upgraded for free but did not activate [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Windows upgraded for free but did not activate

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows upgraded for free but did not activate

1. Windows upgraded for free but did not activate - Similar Threads - upgraded free did

2. Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1: I keep getting an error that Windows 10 isn't activated. The error popped up after years of using it with no problem after taking advantage of the free upgrade from 8.1Clicking "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows Now" just causes the Settings menu to freeze...
  3. Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1: I keep getting an error that Windows 10 isn't activated. The error popped up after years of using it with no problem after taking advantage of the free upgrade from 8.1Clicking "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows Now" just causes the Settings menu to freeze...
  4. Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation: At least 4 or 5 months ago I upgraded from Windows 10 to the free upgrade of Windows 11. Everything has been going great and then all of the sudden today it starts saying it isn't activated. Put a nice watermark on the screen during a work Zoom meeting. I don't have a key for...
  6. Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the free upgrade to 11 and now it's asking for activation: At least 4 or 5 months ago I upgraded from Windows 10 to the free upgrade of Windows 11. Everything has been going great and then all of the sudden today it starts saying it isn't activated. Put a nice watermark on the screen during a work Zoom meeting. I don't have a key for...
  7. Free upgraded PC activation and license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgraded PC activation and license: I have a old pc that I upgraded to windows 10 during free upgrade period. If I give my pc to a friend or family member, will the windows 10 license still be valid as it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account?...
  8. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR: how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-710-free-upgrade-activation-error/47ecfa08-ee2d-4e80-b722-6410a906055b
  9. Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade: I had an old motherboard that came with Windows 7, and when Windows 10 was offered for existing Windows 7 users I upgraded to that. Now, I bought a new motherboard and am asked to activate windows 10, but when I try to activate it it says its unable to. My question is, will I...
  10. Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.

Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.: So, many Windows 7 and 8.1 users started getting the notification to reserve their free copies of Windows 10. But what about those insiders who clean installed the Insider Preview? (Not upgraded from an existing system). How will activation work? Gabe Aul said on...