Windows 10: Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

Discus and support Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of windows, bought a Home key and activated.The next day after changing some things to fix my mail app it said my windows was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DylanMaurits1, May 25, 2021.

1. Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

I did a fresh install of windows, bought a Home key and activated.The next day after changing some things to fix my mail app it said my windows was deactivated.I googled a bit and came across this post. I did what it said there but I didn't realise this was only for windows Pro.Now I have a deactivated versio

:)

DylanMaurits1, May 25, 2021
  2. Awesoft Win User

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro. [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

Awesoft, May 25, 2021
  3. Gtr-Stosh Win User
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition.

I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but is what it is.

I had attempted a previous suggestion to upgrade using a standard PRO key first which I did, but it wouldn't activiate and complained not valid. Took a bit to get back to it and Windows complaining about needing activation . So I tried entering our company
    Enterprise key again and voila, it now says Windows 10 Enterprise? Is it possible even though it wouldn't activate, the edition was recognized as PRO so the Enterpise key was then accepted?

My primary question: Will just rebooting give me the full Enterprise functionality or do I need to run any upgrade steps or install steps? I am attempting to avoid a full system reinstall and full applications reinstalls and configuration if I can.

GTR

Gtr-Stosh, May 25, 2021
  4. Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

Free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Enterprise

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. Can I downgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 7 Professional and then further upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional for free? I have valid Windows
    7 Professional keys with me.

In the whole process of downgrading and upgrading, I want to retain all Windows settings and personal user file.

Please suggest!!

If it is possible, please suggest the ways I can accomplish it.

Thanks in adv.

SapanManjhi, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

1. Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro. - Similar Threads - upgraded Home Enterprise

2. How to Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro>Enterprise with E3 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro>Enterprise with E3 license: Hi,My company recently purchased a Surface laptop for one of our employees. This laptop came with windows Home instead of Pro. We used to get the Pro image from the Microsoft Partner Center and activate Enterprise with our E3 licenses. Since Gold and Silver competencies will...
  3. How to Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro>Enterprise with E3 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro>Enterprise with E3 license: Hi,My company recently purchased a Surface laptop for one of our employees. This laptop came with windows Home instead of Pro. We used to get the Pro image from the Microsoft Partner Center and activate Enterprise with our E3 licenses. Since Gold and Silver competencies will...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro on November 19, 2020 Order number 4007776415 from the Microsoft Store. It instead installed a deactivated Enterprise edition. At the time there was a support phone line where I was able to reach a human. They instructed me to enter a new product...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro on November 19, 2020 Order number 4007776415 from the Microsoft Store. It instead installed a deactivated Enterprise edition. At the time there was a support phone line where I was able to reach a human. They instructed me to enter a new product...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  8. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  9. Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated

Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated: Hey There, I have recently upgraded my machine from Home to Pro edition.. (Paid AUD$169 :O) and now my windows is showing a watermark at bottom-right corner "Activate Windows"!! Why?! My operating system is legit and I bought upgrade from the Microsoft store. Looking...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM): Hi All, I purchased a Laptop with Windows 10 Home, and now I want to upgrade to a server edition like Pro or Enterprise. Do I need to pay anything for that, or simply I can go and upgrade and use the same key? Regards Binoy...