Windows 10: Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work.

Discus and support Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there! I realize that this has already been solved many times, but for some reason it won't work for me. So as the title suggests, we upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yeolinski, Jan 3, 2021.

1. yeolinski Win User

Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work.

Hi there!

I realize that this has already been solved many times, but for some reason it won't work for me.

So as the title suggests, we upgraded some of our hardware the motherboard among it due to crashing and decided to reinstall our new windows on it we bought a usb a few months back. For some reason, unprompted, windows decided to upgrade itself to pro, and now wouldn't accept our home edition key.

I've tried various solutions after troubleshooting to no avail: including changing EditionID both to home and to core plus the product name and all that jazz in the registry editor.

I can tell that it did something, because now instead of simply asking for activation, it writes: "we can't activate windows on this device as the previous version of windows was not activated prior to updating." I tried to reinstall several times using this process, but every time it goes back to pro.

I can't really install the computer from desktop using the usb, because for some reason the setup from the usb refuses to open it does go through boot though, so I've tried downloading the iso version, but it won't let me pick edition either -- immediately decides it's pro, despite the registry editor fix.

This is really frustrating, especially considering it keeps prompting me to buy a legitimate copy every step of the way. We just bought windows 10 a few months ago; how is it possible that it's so unfriendly to the user? Please help me, I'm already at loss of what to do.

:)

yeolinski, Jan 3, 2021

2. Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Kolby65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 3, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work. - Similar Threads - upgraded Pro Home

2. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital...
  3. Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation doesn't work after a hardware change motherboard: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro N don't ask or encourage me to upgrade to windows 11 okay? in Sept 2021 legitimately and Windows activation was successfully logged. I checked my microsoft account and it confirmed my windows 10 and it even shows me that I got digital...
  4. Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro

Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro: Complex situation:A corporate PC is on its 3rd userIt was originally an OEM machine running Windows 10 HomeIt looks like it was originally set up with a Microsoft account say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on its 3rd user the same account is still used to sign...
  5. windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home and purchased and upgraded to pro successfully. Recently I bought new 500gb SSD and replaced 256gb SSD, then reinstalled Windows 10 home. Then i linked my microsoft account and tried to upgrade to pro...it's showing error...
  6. Windows Pro not activated after hardware change

Windows Pro not activated after hardware change: I upgraded my CPU today and due to the newer technology and chipset of the CPU I had to get a new motherboard that supports the chipset of the new CPU. after installing the hardware and resetting the PC my windows Pro was not activated anymore? I tried the troubleshooter and...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer: Hi i had windows 8 and when the free upgrade came to W10 i used it now i change my parts and windows is not activated i have bought windows 10 pro but cant activate it and i get an error code when activating it 0x004f050 apparently its because the free upgrade was W10 home...
  8. Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro

Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro: So a few days ago I wanted to add my new windows 10 home to a domain, but bummer for me Microsoft finds that to be a "pro" feature now so I bought the upgrade. I installed it and activated it, no problems, all was working perfectly. But a day later I also thought it was time...
  9. Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade: I recently did a hardware upgrade on my PC. This included a new motherboard, CPU and two RAM sticks. After the upgrade I got a message on my screen saying: "Activate windows, go to settings to activate Windows". However, I can't activate it since I don't have my product key...
  10. Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade

Windows re-activation doesn't work after major hardware upgrade: Hi, I have earlier upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10pro for free, so I have a digital lisence. Windows version is 1809. I made a major upgrade (motherboard, CPU, memory & graphics adapter), but kept hard drive & Windows untouched. Activation error code is 0xC004C003....