Windows 10: Windows Upload Speed

Discus and support Windows Upload Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having a very strange issue which i can't find the resolution to. I have an internet connection in which i have two lines being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidMul, Jul 27, 2020.

1. DavidMul Win User

Windows Upload Speed

Hi all,

I am having a very strange issue which i can't find the resolution to.

I have an internet connection in which i have two lines being combined together through SD-WAN link aggregation so that i can combine the upload speed on both connection. Theoretically each line is 6Mbps upload speed and when combined I should get 10Mbps.

When I use either a Linux or a iOS device on my network - I achieve the full theoretical speed both when conducting a single data stream upload connection or a multi-stream upload using Speedtest.net or other testing solutions.

When I try to use any Windows device however - I find that I can only achieve c4Mbps upload speed in single-stream mode but 10Mbps in multi-stream.

I have tested using a different internet connection and I am able to see a full 20Mbps through a 4G router connected to the same ethernet port I normally use.

Hence I'm assuming one of two things is going on:

1 My ISP is unintentionally throttling data packets that originate from Windows I believe unlikely but I have asked them to check or

2 There is some conflict / stability issue between the Windows TCP implementation and the aggregation solution. Now I accept even this might be because of something that the ISP has changed, but can anyone help me to get data to prove to them what is going on?

I've been chasing my ISP on the issue for weeks and they have been unable to figure out or resolve what the issue is.

David

:)

DavidMul, Jul 27, 2020

2. Upload Speed

Hi

I was wondering why my upload speed was .92 or .70 and i want to fix it so does anyone have any suggestions to fix my upload speed?

By the way i live in the wide country and i was wondering if that had anything to do with that.

Thanks

XavierMoats Decamp, Jul 27, 2020
  3. DonaldW Win User
    Sudden large disparity between download & upload speeds.

(First post: Win 10 1809) Hello. I have encountered what seems to me to be a strange phenomenon: Recently upgraded to "1000 Mbps" fiber internet provider. Initial speeds for both download and upload speeds spread across the 900's, with upload speeds consistently a bit higher than download speeds. Yesterday one desktop seemed to have internet connectivity issues. I noted that the desktops Ethernet connection had for some reason adopted the name of one of our wireless routers: What had been "Network 2" was now "(SSID) 2".

This Dell XPS desktop (Win 10 Pro 64b, Version 1809) has both wired and wireless network connections, with the later used to connect to various peripherals. When I checked into Speedtest.net, Download speeds remained in the 900's, but upload speeds dropped below 50 Mbps. I went though various network troubleshooting steps and a number of restarts, this disparity persisted. Other than the lack of a name change to wired network connection, this disparity was also obtained on another desktop on the same network. However, speed checks on iOS tablet reveled no disparity whatsoever, suggesting that the phenomenon is limited to Windows machines.

Given my naive and limited understanding of Windows networking, I was hoping someone might help me to better understand the issue and, perhaps, suggest a fix.

DonaldW, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Windows Upload Speed

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Upload Speed

1. Windows Upload Speed - Similar Threads - Upload Speed

2. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  3. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  4. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok: I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue...
  5. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok: I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue...
  6. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  8. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...: Pc SpecsMotherboard: Asus b550 gaming AGPU: Nivida rtx 3060tiCpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5700XRam: 32Gb 3400 speedI have been trying to fix this for a while now and all of the solutions I found either don't help or make it worse, first off I have restarted pc, router, and have tested...
  9. When my pc is plugged into ethernet it gets the expected upload speed but only 0.02 mbps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.

Upload file speed to the internet via ethernet virtually non existant.: My Dell PC running Windows 10 has extremely slow file upload speed and will not operate properly with DropBox etc. Other computers on the home network are operating properly with the expected upload speed. I am running Norton 360 AV. I disabled Norton firewall and that did...