Windows 10: windows uptade delete my files?

Discus and support windows uptade delete my files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello , I wanted to ask two questions? 1 - Will windows uptade delete my files? 2 - I have the Phoenix Os system. If i do the update will delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MostafaAbolghar, Mar 11, 2019.

1. windows uptade delete my files?

Hello ,
    I wanted to ask two questions?
    1 - Will windows uptade delete my files?
    2 - I have the Phoenix Os system. If i do the update will delete the Phoenix Os or its files ??

:)

MostafaAbolghar, Mar 11, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows uptade delete my files? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

windows uptade delete my files?

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

windows uptade delete my files?

1. windows uptade delete my files? - Similar Threads - uptade delete files

2. uptade about my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uptade about my laptop: hi it's me again, the user who has problems with BSODs and still getting BSODs but often, not everyday. about my laptop, yesterday my screen went black and starts beeping when i press something on the keyboard, i find out that the beeping was from motherboard and it was beep...
  3. Windows Uptade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Uptade: My Computer won't uptade it keeps telling me that my pc is missing security and quality fixes. I've tried troubleshooting and it did nothing. When i press on "check for uptades" it checks but it won't let me uptade it.But its always the same uptade that won't upatade. I would...
  4. Windows Uptade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Uptade: My Computer won't uptade it keeps telling me that my pc is missing security and quality fixes. I've tried troubleshooting and it did nothing. When i press on "check for uptades" it checks but it won't let me uptade it.But its always the same uptade that won't upatade. I would...
  5. Windows Uptade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows uptade problem

Windows uptade problem: So i cant download and uptade from microsoft 10 windows store. It says it has error and it failed. When i click on see more info, it says uptade windows disabled, in order to fix this, use troubleshooting etc. But it doesnt work, nothing is. There is no troubleshoot option or...
  7. windows uptade

windows uptade: hello lenovo system 1.1.19.6 update what is ? I searched a lot about but couldn't find ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-uptade/77894acf-f649-43ff-9707-7739bd189aa8
  8. windows uptade

windows uptade: [ATTACH] hello windows insider 2004 i was trying to install feature download is being downloaded after 99% when i check up windows update, it nothing like this screenshot is seen just empty i can't shut down the computer so i don't know if the update continues ?...
  9. windows uptade

windows uptade: hello everyone I'm using the 1511 version whenever i update I encounter such an error 0x80240fff,what is this error code and how can i fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-uptade/a3d00d37-2eeb-4922-8f79-3a5a4bcca5fe
  10. windows uptade

windows uptade: Bonjour, je vous contacte car windows uptade ne veut plus effectuer de mise à jour à cause de l'erreur 0x80070422. J'ai longuement cherché sur internet mais aucune solutions proposées n'a fonctionné. Merci de votre aide et de votre réponse....