Windows 10: Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing

Discus and support Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install Windows onto my desktop computer. I downloaded the Windows Tool onto a separate Windows laptop and used it to setup a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexIsAGuy, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing

I am trying to install Windows onto my desktop computer. I downloaded the Windows Tool onto a separate Windows laptop and used it to setup a USB install disk. The problem is, when I try and boot my desktop to the USB, the computer flashes the windows logo, then crashes. I have had no luck trying to create a bootable USB with other software or using an Install Disk. My Desktop is a Dell Precision Tower 5810

:)

AlexIsAGuy, Apr 26, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 26, 2021
  3. panchoman Win User
    Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing

1. Windows USB Boot Drive Crashing - Similar Threads - USB Boot Drive

2. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...
  3. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...
  4. Disable USB drive boot

Disable USB drive boot: Hi. Can you tell me please how can I disable booting from USB flash drive bootable after restarting the PC with the shift key pressed, without disabling the usb ports in the bios?...
  5. Disable USB drive boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable USB drive boot: Hi. Can you tell me please how can I disable booting from USB flash drive bootable after restarting the PC with the shift key pressed, without disabling the usb ports in the bios?...
  6. Disable USB drive boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple USB boot drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple USB boot drive: Hi. Is there a way to have a single USB drive (thumb / external HDD / etc.) that allows a choice which, say, partition I want to boot from. Example reason: having several recovery OSs (Hirens / Kaspersky / Win10 (x86 / x64) some or all) all on one drive, but independently...
  8. Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!: The following is a copy of a usb booting issue when I started using Windows 10 in 2017. I use Casper 10 to create my bootable backup copies of the primary drive. In the event the primary crashes (which happens often due to the experiments I may be conducting), I can boot to...
  9. Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb drive not booting AGAIN!!: The following is a copy of a usb booting issue when I started using Windows 10 in 2017. I use Casper 10 to create my bootable backup copies of the primary drive. In the event the primary crashes (which happens often due to the experiments I may be conducting), I can boot to...
  10. Booting from USB Drive

Booting from USB Drive: When i boot up my computer i go to the boot menu and i try booting from my usb drive it doesn't work. My computer just ignores it and normally launches as if nothing happened. Could anyone help? Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Install usb bootable of crash on windows 10