Windows 10: Windows USB recovery newer Dell laptop

Discus and support Windows USB recovery newer Dell laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - My 12 mos old dell inspiron 5584 crashed during a windows update. Stuck on the dell logo black screen/preparing auto repair.. i’m having trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesD911, Sep 10, 2020.

1. JamesD911 Win User

Windows USB recovery newer Dell laptop

Hi - My 12 mos old dell inspiron 5584 crashed during a windows update. Stuck on the dell logo black screen/preparing auto repair..

i’m having trouble getting the USB recovery disk to work. Here’s what done so far with dell support. The sytem is uefi only no legacy boot mode option.

1. Ran all diags no error.

2. Update/ensured bios is correctly installed

3. Disabled secure boot. Bootup goes to bitlocker recovery. I enter bitlocker key correctly. Then it loops back to bitlocker recovery key again and again. No other options like skip this drive is available.

4. Created windows 10 usb recovery from microsoft media creator tool on another pc.

5. Inserted usb in stuck pc. F12 and made USB first boot order. Still stuck at dell logo/loop. Secure boot is disabled.

6. Also created USB recovery using rufus. Still black screen logo.

Any other recommendations on how to get the USB revovery to boot up? I heard there maybe issues with UEFI only bios and using USB that some bios settings need to change? Dell basically told me to go to bestbuy and do a system rebuild. I’m still hoping there is a tweak to the bios settings thats needed to allow the recovery USB in UEFI? The USB is recognizable and the first boot sequence.

thanks

:)

JamesD911, Sep 10, 2020

2. Dell windows10 laptop won't recover from recovery and restore USB, won't boot,black screen after dell logo

Hi Oliver,

To assist you with your concern of Dell/Windows10 laptop won't recover from recovery and restore USB won't boot, you may consider the suggested troubleshooting steps that you can find in the helpful link below:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Here is a link for the clean installation of Windows 10 which may come in handy while your troubleshooting.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 10, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Thema:

1. Windows USB recovery newer Dell laptop - Similar Threads - USB recovery newer

2. Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was booting up, I got a BSOD. I force shut it down, and rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are as...
  3. Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop stuck in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was booting up, I got a BSOD. I force shut it down, and rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are as...
  4. Dell laptop stick in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop stick in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was botting up, I got a bsod. I force shut it down, then I rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are...
  5. Dell laptop stick in recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop stick in recovery environment: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 5406 and today when it was botting up, I got a bsod. I force shut it down, then I rebooted it and now it always opens up Windows recovery environment. None of the options shown are helping and there is no way to continue to Windows 11. My specs are...
  6. Dell laptop USBdevice to repair recovery?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell laptop USBdevice to repair recovery?: I have a blue screen on my Dell Pavillion laptop with the headline RECOVERY Your PV/ device needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected orcan't be accessed. Error code: Oxc000000f you'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation...
  7. Use DELL Recovery USB or WindowsRecovery USB for a Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use DELL Recovery USB or WindowsRecovery USB for a Clean Install: Good morning all, I'm doing a full CLEAN lnstall, I have my Windows OS Recovery USB Prepped' and all the Original Drivers Backed up to my ExHDD' In trying to find out is if I should Use the DELL recovery USB or the Windows recovery USB? its all about installing; replacing the...
  8. Will Dell windows 10 OS recovery usb work on a Hp laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Dell windows 10 OS recovery usb work on a Hp laptop?: I'm wanted to upgrade my hp laptop but the only installation media I have is a dell windows 10 recovery media on USB. Will I be able to install windows 10 on my laptop using this usb? submitted by /u/smileymuffin [link] [comments]...
  9. USB ports unresponsive on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports unresponsive on Dell laptop: Computer has been rebooted to no effect. Tried to connect a mouse and digital camera but neither shows up on the folder. After reboot there is the sound of splashing water but no device icon appears. Isn't the devices because they work fine on Toshiba Satellite laptop. How...
  10. Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 on a newer Dell Laptop suddenly is no longer a full screen but appears as a square: Out of the blue my Windows 10/Dell laptop suddenly lost its full screen display. The entirety of Windows or any app now appears as a square taking up most of the height of the screen, but only about the center 2/3 of the screen, in the shape of a square. I attempted to fix...