Windows 10: Windows used to start after Password/Pin entered

Discus and support Windows used to start after Password/Pin entered in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In the great scheme of things I guess this is a nit but... When I first installed W10, after I entered my password it would proceed to boot up without... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tony0915, Oct 31, 2015.

1. tony0915 Win User

Windows used to start after Password/Pin entered

In the great scheme of things I guess this is a nit but... When I first installed W10, after I entered my password it would proceed to boot up without having to press Enter. For some reason it no longer does so. I have crawled through all the Settings pages but have not found how to make that work again. I like that feature and if someone can tell me how to reactivate it, I would appreciate it.

Tony

:)

tony0915, Oct 31, 2015

2. Laptop keyboard disconnected when rebooting

Windows 10 on HP Pavilion: When I reboot, I cannot enter my password PIN using the laptop keyboard- I must activate and use the on-screen keyboard. I have set the options to "Don't require password after sleep" but this doesn't work- I have to enter my PIN
    anyway.

My goals: (a) After reboot, the ability to enter my PIN from the keyboard (b) No requirement for password on wakeup after Sleep.

Michael in Atl, Oct 31, 2015
  3. I'd like to change the unlock method from password to numeric passcode

Hello,

I request you to refer the steps below to set PIN.

• Go to Start menu > Settings > Accounts > Sign in Options> PIN > Add.
    • Enter the login password and set the PIN.
    • If you don't have the option to Add, select "Remove" under PIN and enter the password.
    • After removing the old PIN, you will get option to Add a new PIN.
    • Click on "Add", enter login password and set the PIN.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 31, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Do you mean password or pin? I have to press enter for password but not for pin...

5. tony0915 Win User
    Aha! That may be the solution. I had a 4 number PIN and changed to a 7 letter/number combo and I guess that took into the Password category. I'll try resetting to "PIN" configuration and let you know.

Thanks, Tony

tony0915, Oct 31, 2015
  6. tony0915 Win User
    Never did see it mentioned anywhere. But that did it! many thanks.

Tony

tony0915, Oct 31, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    You are welcome. I've never seen it mentioned either, just noticed it did it.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows used to start after Password/Pin entered - Similar Threads - used start Password

2. Can't remember local password, normally use pin. Windows not booting up after entering pin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remember local password, normally use pin. Windows not booting up after entering pin...: Like the title says, I cannot remember my local password. Windows also won't boot even in safe mode. I'm currently logged into the account posting this right now so it must be an old password. Installed a windows update last night and now this is happening. Can't do a system...
  3. Can't remember local password, normally use pin. Windows not booting up after entering pin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remember local password, normally use pin. Windows not booting up after entering pin...: Like the title says, I cannot remember my local password. Windows also won't boot even in safe mode. I'm currently logged into the account posting this right now so it must be an old password. Installed a windows update last night and now this is happening. Can't do a system...
  4. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  5. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  6. Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window: I start my computer and a window comes up stating Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your PIN again. So I click on Set up your pin and it takes me to a Microsoft account window. ENTER PASSWORD, when I go to...
  7. Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window

Unable to enter PIN on ENTER PASSWORD line of Microsoft account window: I start my computer and a window comes up stating Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your PIN again. So I click on Set up your pin and it takes me to a Microsoft account window. ENTER PASSWORD, when I go to...
  8. Not able to use password after not working pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to use password after not working pin: When i try to log it it tells me my pin isnt availiable and i was thinking of using my password instead and there is no spot to switch to password please help...
  9. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...
  10. Use PIN but not password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use PIN but not password: I use my Microsoft password to access several devices. Other people use my password to access some of the devices, which is OK becauise I only have shared work data on them. However, I also use the same password on my main PC, on which I also have private data. I use a PIN on...