Windows 10: Windows useless on startup until minutes passed

Discus and support Windows useless on startup until minutes passed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I start Windows, not only Windows 10 but all Windows versions since XP, once I see the desktop, I am not able to use Windows and the apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Néstor Llop Guerra, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Windows useless on startup until minutes passed

Everytime I start Windows, not only Windows 10 but all Windows versions since XP, once I see the desktop, I am not able to use Windows and the apps that I installed until some minutes passed and all the operating system loads (I think).

Is there any trick for making desktop and start useful since it is displayed on screen without having to wait by making load time longer or something like that?

I'd like to use Windows as MacOS. Once explorer starts, you can use it without delays.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Néstor Llop Guerra, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Windows useless on startup until minutes passed

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows useless on startup until minutes passed

1. Windows useless on startup until minutes passed - Similar Threads - useless startup until

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR a minute after startup: My computer was completely fine before and I haven't made any changes to the hardwareI noticed it would get slow when I would CTRL+S my document as I'm writing. This was last night when the BSOD errors started happening just 1 minute after startup no matter what I do, even if...
  3. windows freezes and it takes many minutes until goes back to normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows freezes and it takes many minutes until goes back to normal: my windows 10 stops working and it last many minutes until go back to normal. mostly when I use google chrome , I need help I saw the event viewer and there are a lot of errors I don't understand, Please help.errors I see in the event viewer El programa drvinst.exe versión...
  4. windows freezes and it takes many minutes until goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows freezes and it takes many minutes until goes back to normal: my windows 10 stops working and it last many minutes until go back to normal. mostly when I use google chrome , I need help I saw the event viewer and there are a lot of errors I don't understand, Please help.errors I see in the event viewer El programa drvinst.exe versión...
  5. Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot passed startup screen.: 2 nights ago my wife finished using our desktop and shut it down as normal. She said it took a little longer than normal to shut down. Now it wont boot passed the windows icon, it just goes to a black screen with cursor. Ive tried booting in safe mode with the same problem....
  6. Computer crashes at startup, until it just works...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashes at startup, until it just works...: So, I push the power-button and hope for the best. Within like 2-3 seconds, the computed fails, dies and starts over... until it boots up normally and works. I've recently cleared my computer from dust, so heat shouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions of what may cause this?...
  7. 01 Minute until fully charged... With 0% charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    01 Minute until fully charged... With 0% charge: This issue has been driving me bonkers ever since I opened up my laptop for the first time in awhile to use it for school. I find out that not only is the battery not charging, but that its completely dead, 0% charge. I've seen that some people have had the same issue, but...
  8. Windows 1 minute startup delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 1 minute startup delay: Hi there, I initially posted this on the EightForums as this is on a Win8 machine, but got no response because there is little activity there. That should not be an issue though as this is probably not a specific Win8 problem. I'm hoping someone here is willing to guide me...
  9. 8 minutes after login until a usable desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    8 minutes after login until a usable desktop: My daughter has a Dell Inspiron P20T, a simple little 11" ultrabook. After logging in, it takes around 8 minutes before she can actually use the computer. I checked the task manager/performance and the CPU and disk were at 100%. I went deeper into the resources monitor,...
  10. File Explorer hangs at startup (until reboot)

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer hangs at startup (until reboot): After using Windows 10 for a few hours I find that File Explorer hangs when I open it - it tries to display the Quick Access items, but never completes - I just see "Working on it..." in the preview pane. If I click on "This PC" in the left pane it also hangs with the same...