Windows 10: Windows User Account modification

Discus and support Windows User Account modification in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, just bought a new laptop and while retailer tested it for 1st time provided the 'User' name, which unfortunately was a mocked one. Now even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nikashdeka, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Windows User Account modification

Hi, just bought a new laptop and while retailer tested it for 1st time provided the 'User' name, which unfortunately was a mocked one.

Now even after changing the the PC name the folder in the 'C:\windows\user' folder has retained the mocked user name.

It will be of great help if anyone could help me change it!

Thanks

:)

nikashdeka, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows User Account modification :(

Zakin, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows User Account modification

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows User Account modification

1. Windows User Account modification - Similar Threads - User Account modification

2. Windows Update Modification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Modification: I am running Windows 11 23H2, updated. I would like to disable Windows Auto Update without affecting manual update. I manually check Windows Update every day and wish to continue doing so. I just want to stop Auto Update. Is there a way I can do this? Dave Binko...
  3. Windows Update Modification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Modification: I am running Windows 11 23H2, updated. I would like to disable Windows Auto Update without affecting manual update. I manually check Windows Update every day and wish to continue doing so. I just want to stop Auto Update. Is there a way I can do this? Dave Binko...
  4. After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system

After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system: Hello there. Today I came across this problem and found a relatively easy solution without requiring a recovery USB. Since the original post wasn't solved and is now closed, I made another for anyone that might have the same trouble. Problem: After hiding the admin user...
  5. After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system: Hello there. Today I came across this problem and found a relatively easy solution without requiring a recovery USB. Since the original post wasn't solved and is now closed, I made another. Problem: After hiding the admin user account from log screen via modifying system...
  6. After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system: Using the following article, after setting my son to Standard user and myself to Administrator, I hid my admin account assuming I'd never need it again. But i now need to make a registry change to block access to the Microsoft Store.How to hide specific user accounts from the...
  7. After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system: Using the following article, after setting my son to Standard user and myself to Administrator, I hid my admin account assuming I'd never need it again. But i now need to make a registry change to block access to the Microsoft Store.How to hide specific user accounts from the...
  8. After Hiding Admin User Account from Login Screen, no modifications can be made to system

9. Registry modification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry modification: I'm trying to get more control over updates given a serious crash while one of my laptops was backing up at the same time, resulting in an unusable PC and ultimately a "reset". I have added a registry key which prompts that an update is available that allows me to backup...
  10. Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit Group Policy modifications applying for Admin account Not applying to User Account in...: Hi i tried to change Group policy for blocking Removable storage access. Changes applied to Admin and User Account both and blocking Removable storage Devices. when i tried to allow Removable storage Devices with Edit group policy. Changes are applied to Administrator...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user account modification

2. 2019 easy anti-cheat error forbidden windows kernel modification